Rory Gilmore Quotes To Accurately Describe College

Rory Gilmore was supposed to be the perfect college student, yet she is extremely relatable to the average college student.

676

Gilmore Girls is by far my favorite TV show, a show that I have seen more times than necessary. Rory Gilmore is the perfect girl who goes through her share of hard times and yet somehow always looks like she is having a great time. While the "reunion" has no comparison to the original show, making Rory and my favorite man of hers, Logan, a bunch of adulterers the original seasons never lose their allure. Even if Rory does not have her life together, or even end up with the right guy (LOGAN), her dialogue seems to sum up life at Purdue pretty accurately.

"All I could think of the minute you left was "I want my mommy." I haven't thought that since I was two."

Season 4 Episode 2

Going to college was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, and I without a doubt found myself wanting my parents to come back and take me home (both times I went to college for the first time, I wanted them to come back). My parents, much like our own Lorelai Gilmore, would have without a doubt come back for me. I can't say that I haven't wanted to ask my parents to come back for me to come visit, but I won't deny thinking the same thoughts Rory did. I would think, however, even the prospect of getting away from Kirk, as lovable as he was would have been incentive enough to leave Stars Hollow behind for a little bit.

"Oh, my god. I'm gonna have to quit drinking coffee, and I love coffee!"

Season 6 Episode 11

The worst thing is when you realize you have had too much coffee, and at this point, you really cannot afford to drink any more coffee. College students likely drink more coffee than the collective rest of the population, except perhaps teachers who always seem to have a cup of coffee in their hands any time you see them. The idea that you cannot drink any more coffee is heartbreaking given that coffee is the reason that you are able to get a lot done because of it. Late nights are not uncommon, and not being able to drink coffee is the worst. Of course, Rory was in a totally different situation, but I love coffee too, Rory.

" I'm supposed to eat ramen noodles and mac and cheese for months."

Season 6 Episode 11

media.giphy.com

I was absolutely convinced that I was going to leave for college and the only food I would eat was going to be ramen noodles. Unlike the TV shows, ramen is not really a large part of my diet, and to this day I still am unsure if I am actually fit to be a college student. I, however, have no intention to live in a crappy apartment like Rory did. I'll stick to the residence hall and meal plans.

"Now I'm supposed to look pretty and girly, which is completely impossible because I'm gross and I have nothing to wear"

Season 1 Episode 7

It's hard to feel pretty when you spend all day running around campus from class to work to studying, and people expect you to look nice all the dang time. I can't say it's a fun day if I have to go from sweats to a nice outfit that suggest that I might on occasion look way nicer. My friends always seem to decide that we are going to do something at the absolute last minute without warning, and all of a sudden I have to look nice because for some reason if we are as a group, it simply isn't acceptable to look like I've had a busy day and simply will not look good under any circumstances.

"I've now used the word 'sucks' so much that it's lost all meaning to me."

Season 1 Episode 6

media.giphy.com

Whether it's discussing a class, a grade, a professor, or a situation, "sucks" may be used more commonly around campus than the name of the college itself. Then thirty seconds later we are either on the phone with our moms, or lying through our teeth saying that everything is fine. Of course, that doesn't actually mean it's fine, but as long as we keep a straight face, maybe just maybe, everything will end up fine.

"Nothing excites me before 11:00"

Season 4 Episode 9

Depending on how lucky you get with your classes, you could be stuck in the loop of super early morning classes every day. Now I don't mind the occasional early class, and I usually make my schedule so I can be done with class by mid-afternoon, but that doesn't change the fact that very little can get me excited early in the morning. I am the opposite of a morning person, and during semesters with a lot of early days, absolutely nothing gets me excited until the afternoon.

"I can't finish all this and sleep at the same time."

Season 3 Episode 21

In college, there are a lot of instances where you have to give up on sleep to get everything done, and it sucks a lot. I personally have pulled way too many all-nighters in my time and envy those who manage to be in bed and asleep every night by 10 pm. We may have hated the mandated bedtimes from when we were younger, but college makes us long for the days when someone forced us to go to bed at 8 pm.

"Maybe I just didn't look up because I'm unbelievably self-centered"

Season 1 Episode 1

i.pinimg.com

Dean was making a move on Rory, and Rory, like most of us, panicked and said something that no one should say. That being said, it is very relatable to say anything that might get a nasty frat boy away from you or some guy in the bar to back off when all you wanted to do was hang out with your friends. Sometimes you have to get creative so that way you don't break some poor guy's ego when they are hitting on you.

From Your Site Articles