Roots

Roots

As a tree would grow from roots to branches I would ask her to grow with me.

14
Roots

Oh love!

Return.

Upon the twilight time.

When the sun begins to lose its shine.

Darkness edges its way to consume all that is left of the day.

Shadows disappear into the ground dying without a sound.

He calls out her name, listens for a reply. Shall his voice be empty echoes for all time? Or is there a voice with which it will rhyme?

Is that the voice of...?

His heart tears away from the veins and arteries it once fed. It tumbles into space and sea

Her and I join together.

If she were not to talk to me I would fear mortal wounds from silent words

Brown dripped eyes.

Can love escape now?

Bottles of...of…

Uncorked, they let flow

Oh, the wicker heartache of lonely love. Dark skin, brown eyes, curled golden brown hair. An apparition.

Love cascades upon me.

I know not how it can be. Flowers of the dawn attack my senses, what beauty there is in such pleasant sights and smells. The birds sing their songs of joy and life. Soft endless blades of grass, spreads a sea of green before me.

She stands amidst the roses and sea of green. Chestnut eyes piercing my soul. Surrender is inevitable.

Mesmerized.

The trees, that surround her, live endlessly and fill my sight with life that goes on. As a tree would grow from roots to branches I would ask her to grow with me.