13 WTF Things About Rocky Horror

13 WTF Things About Rocky Horror

Happy Halloween! Let's all take a minute to look through our favorite bizarre movie.

9

Who doesn't love the cult classic film Rocky Horror? Take a look at some of the things that I find the weirdest about this movie. Weirdest thing of it all? I got inspo for this article at an 8 p.m. showing for this movie. Did you catch that? I said 8 p.m. and not midnight. I know, I was shook too.

1.  Why are Dr. FrankNFurter, Magenta, Columbia, and Riff-Raff at the wedding?

If you watch closely after you've seen the movie once or twice, or you are more observant than myself, you will see that they are featured in the picture post-wedding and also inside later setting up for a funeral. Why are they working at a church or are they just people that replaced extras that they couldn't afford? Huh? I'm so confused.

2.  Riff-Raff

https://www.pophorror.com/rocky-horror-picture-show-five-fun-facts/riff-raff-in-the-rocky-horror-picture-show/

If you walk up to an old ass mansion in the night and this weird balding dude with a SUPER deep V and 'blood' (?) on his shirt why would you not find and excuse and leave? Because I would be outtie so fast.

3.  Why is Magenta bent so weirdly on the steps?

http://es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Archivo:48a36985edeae2a8b3258ab272268c33--magenta-rocky-horror-rocky-horror-picture-show.jpg

If you've seen the movie a few times you might start to notice Magenta on the stairs when Brad and Janet first walk in. Shes bent over in a weird, unnatural position that just makes me ask 'why' every time.

4.  The Criminologist

https://craftdmoviecritiques.com/2014/11/23/the-rocky-horror-picture-show/

When he starts telling the story of Brad and Janet, he pulls out a book called "The Denton Affair" so that means someone was there to take pictures and document the whole thing. He just adds confusion to the whole things because what is hi9s importance really besides maybe, MAYBE teaching us the time warp.

5.  Eddie and the Freezer

http://www.rockyhorrorcostumelist.com/category/00-the-usual-suspects/09-ex-delivery-boy/

One thing that always gets me is the freezer. A. How is Eddie awake and ready to ride after being in the freezer for however long? B. How does that motorcycle work after being in there so long? C. Why did the freezer unfreeze right when Frank was by it?

6.  Eddie again...

I am still not entirely sure why he is dead. In the beginning it says that in the credits that he was an ex-delivery boy but I don't know why Frank killed him because if it was just because he was human then he should have offed Janet and Brad but he didn't nor did he seem like he was going to.

7.  Brad and the Hair

http://rhps.teamone.de/part08.htm

This might be a small detail but it gets me every time. When Frank comes in and lays on Brad and pretends to be Janet, Brad starts to 'pet' his hair but then the wig comes off. If you look, you can see that he is like almost ripping out the hair if it really were Janet because how hard would you have to pet to get that wig off??? Janet find you a softer man.

8.  Bed then Dinner

https://www.ctpost.com/entertainment/article/The-Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show-returns-to-6595630.php

Why were they sent to bed then once again gathered for dinner? It also seems like Janet and Brad were invited to dinner because they made it out of their rooms and it was a courtesy.

9.  Eddie Again Again

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/145152/did-they-eat-eddie

Did you see the way he looked under that table?!? How did that even pass as a dead body?? And also he did they get that huge ham like ?piece of meat because when you see the body under the table it just looks like he was just cut open. No meat missing.

10.  Why is Rocky not wet?

http://www.rockymusic.org/showimage/c2b69386fff4960fdb4a8f9009a1b6a3.php

Skipping back a bit, when Rocky is first shown, he is in a tank of liquid and then eventually when he is 'born' he comes out 100% dry. This was a point that was brought to my attention via my boyfriend.

11.  The Victorian People

https://mewmagazine.es/2015/08/10/sing-along-celebra-los-40-anos-de-the-rocky-horror-picture-show/

We know that towards the end of the movie when Frank is singing, we see the invisible audience that he is singing to and it is filled with people dressed up almost like Victoria era and I just want to know why it was Victorian and not replicas of the guests that were there earlier.

12.  Columbia

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Columbia

Why did Columbia have to die? Despite her screaming, I really liked her so I don't get why she died. She didn't really do anything and it also just seems like she died because Riff-Raff is super unstable at the moment and just lost it when she screamed. Lets be honest with ourselves though. The amount of time that they had lived together you would have thought that he recognizes her scream and just ignore it but no. RIP my sparkly queen.

13.  kl-=Why did they have to take the house?

http://thefw.com/things-you-didnt-know-about-the-rocky-horror-picture-show/

Not gonna lie, that is super bizarre to me. It had to have been there before but even so, why couldn't they leave it because like Brad said, it looked like a hunting lodge for rich weirdos.