10 Reasons Why You Should Take The Road Trip Of Your Dreams

Do yourself a favor, and take the roadtrip of your dreams.

60
Personal photo

Travel has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. I love being introduced to different cultures and see all of God's creation. A dream of mine is to visit all 50 states and all 7 continents.

"Cover the earth before it covers you." -Dagobert D. Runes

Anyone who knows me knows my love for travel and adventure. My parents recently surprised me by taking me on a road trip as my graduation present, and believe me when I say it's the best gift they could have ever given me. I had the time of my life, and I am forever changed.

We set out to road trip to the West of the United States. In 10 days, we traveled all the way from Alabama to Oregon. We went through Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and almost the entire coast of California.

I completely fell in love with all of the different terrains and cultures we came across. Road trippin' taught me so much about life, and I would advise everyone to take that Road Trip you have always had on your bucket list.

1. It gets you out of your comfort zone.

So many times in life we get comfortable with where we are and what we are doing. It often leads us to a place of stress rather than a place of comfort. Getting away from your comfort zone is often the most therapeutic thing you could do for yourself. Go on that road trip you've been dreaming of. Meet and see people you've never met. Get lost in some unknown place, perhaps you'll even find yourself there.

2. You discover things about yourself you never knew.

Traveling often allows you to find who you truly are as a person. It allows you time to reflect and see just how small you and your problems are in the grand scheme of things. Along your road trip, you will definitely find out who you are as a person and what interested in the most.

You will find places along the way that you connect with. You will see new cultures and new atmospheres that inspire you deep within your soul. The saying “to travel is to live" is completely true. While road tripping you will feel the most alive and feel a sense of belonging.

3. The scenery changes your perspective on life.

You will experience literal “views for days" on your road trip. Views that you will hold in your memory for the rest of your life. You will fall in love with God's beautiful creations, and you will probably never want to return home. Along my road trip, I saw so many places that I would have loved to just marvel at for the rest of my life.

4. It allows you time to bond with the people you love the most.

If you ever want to know the most about someone: take them on a roadtrip! Being in a car for days at a time allows you to find out so many interesting (and not so interesting) things about your travel crew. You'll either love them more or absolutely hate them by the time you are home, but I promise it's the best way to find out more about someone.

Traveling with my family was so much fun. It allowed us time to bond with each other and grow closer together. We got to marvel at all of the beautiful sights, but the best part of it all was just being there with the people I love the most.

5. You will get the chance to disconnect from your everyday life.

Disconnecting is the best medicine to becoming stress-free. We begin to get too tied up in what we are doing, and we often lose sight of who we really are. Disconnecting from work, school, or home by taking a road trip will allow you to grow and become a better person. No matter how much we love something, taking a small break is often necessary to maintain happiness. Take that break, and go see the world. Become a “lost signal" for just a few moments and give yourself time for you.

6. It will make you grateful.

Seeing other places and people will make you so grateful for who you are and where you are from. You will see how different you are from others. Experiencing other places and cultures will make you love the life you live and where you live it. Going on a road trip allows you to experience how different people and places are even within 50 miles of one another. You will see that we are all very different, but we also have many of the same characteristics. Yes, you may fall in love with the places you visit, but it'll never be as good as home. You will experience such gratitude when your feet hit the soil of homeland after a long road trip.

7. You’ll finally get to be in full control.

The best part of taking a road trip is that everything you see and do gets to be exactly what you want. You don't have a time frame or an exact destination. If you find a cute shopping center or cool hiking trail on the side of the road: you can go explore. You get to be in full control of every detail of your trip. For once, you get to do exactly what you want to do; when, where, and how you want to do it.

8. It opens up new opportunities.

Going on a road trip could open up so many new opportunities for you. You may get the chance to find your person or your place in the world. You could find a job somewhere that is all you've ever wanted. You could even seek out new ideas and investment opportunities that you can bring home and share with others. You never know what you might get into or discover on a road trip, and that's the beauty of it all. It could open up so many new things for you.

9. It’ll never be boring.

Your road trip will definitely keep you on your toes. There will never be a dull moment. Whether it be the outdoor scenery, crazy sights you see, or the conversation from your companions: I can promise you it will never be boring.

You will learn so many new things and see so many new places that you'll feel like you need more time. It'll be interesting, and more than likely you'll never want to just sit at some beach for a whole week ever again.

10. The memories you make will last a lifetime.

If you’ve ever wanted a way to make the most memories, now is your time. Pack your bags. Map it out. Call your closest friends or family. You will never regret it. You will have a library of stories to tell when you return.

Do yourself a favor, and go on that road trip!