13 Location Songs To Add To Your Road Trip Playlist

13 Songs You NEED On Your Road Trip Playlist If You Want To Bop Into These Travel Destination

"Sweet Home Alabama...where the skies are so blue"

105
Ashley Oldham

If you plan on traveling this summer, then you HAVE to have a good travel playlist. For me, it's pretty much mandatory ⁠— and what better way to enter into your travel destination of choice than with a song that has the location IN the lyrics?

That being said, if you plan on going to any of these places soon, then please add these bops to your playlist ⁠— and if you're not? Maybe consider going to one of them (because they're all pretty cool, if I do say so myself).

1. "Carolina In My Mind" By James Taylor: The Carolinas

Plan on traveling to either of The Carolinas? Then you HAVE to listen to this classic Carolina jam while you're there.

2. "Meet Virginia" By Train: Virginia

This throwback song by Train makes the perfect entrance into the lovely state of Virginia.

3. "Empire State of Mind" By Jay-Z Feat. Alicia Keys: New York, New York

For me, this song just SCREAMS New York City. It's the perfect start to any NYC playlist.

4. "Save Me San Francisco" By Train: San Francisco, California

Train again, you say? YES! When I think San Francisco, I think this song (and I've never even been).

5. "Welcome To New York" By Taylor Swift: New York (Yes, NYC included)

We're back to NYC again, and this time with a good old fashioned Taylor Swift BOP. It's bubbly, happy, and very New York City.

6. "Paris" By The Chainsmokers: Paris, France

This list would not be complete without a song about Paris, and this song by The Chainsmokers would make a great entrance into the city.

7. "Boston" By Augustana: Boston, Massachusetts

I ADORE this song, and whenever I finally travel to Boston, this song will be on full blast the entire time.

8. "Waking Up In Vegas" By Katy Perry: Las Vegas, Nevada

When I think Vegas, I think this classic song by Katy Perry (and I LOVE IT).

9. "Beverly Hills" By Weezer: Beverly Hills, California

Remember what I said about Katy? Well, it applies to this Weezer song too. When I think Beverly Hills, I will think of this Weezer song every single time.

10. "Landing in London" By 3 Doors Down: London, England

Planning a trip to London? Play this 3 Doors Down song on the way there to make you feel all the feels.

11. "Amarillo Sky" By Jason Aldean: Amarillo, Texas

This throwback Jason Aldean song makes the perfect entrance into Amarillo, Texas (and once again, I've never even been).

12. "Why Georgia" By John Mayer: Georgia

Next time you're headed to Georgia, why not let John Mayer serenade you on the way there?

13. "Sweet Home Alabama By Lynyrd Skynyrd: Alabama

No list would be complete without a little "Sweet Home Alabama." I couldn't imagine entering the state playing any other song, and I love it.

Regardless of where you decide to travel, be sure to see if you can find any songs to bop to while you're there. This is just a small glimpse into the world of songs named (at least, in part) after locations across the globe. Happy travels!