Riverdale Review

'Riverdale' Has Romance, Suspense, And Everything In Between

From preppy teen problems to messy murders, this show has it all. (SPOILERS AHEAD)

59
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/riverdale/

If every season continues to have a murder story, then this show will be highly predictable.. the only thing that won't be predicted will be the outcome of the killer and everyone else involved.

In every show there is chaos, love, and parents... lots of parents. In the small town of Riverdale, parents are freaking everywhere. I think a small breakdown of the different families would help explain the storyline a lot.

The Coopers

Betty, Polly, Alice, and Harold (Hal) Cooper are the heart and soul of Riverdale. With Polly being gone most of show, and Alice and Hal being the sole proprietors of the Riverdale Register (the local newspaper), Betty becomes highly curious about local travesties. She inherits this "sleuthing" ability and because of that she becomes a local hero who helps solve crimes.

The Blossoms

The Blossom family...the start of Riverdale begins with their known maple syrup company. In the beginning of the show, the town mourns the loss of the young football star, Jason Blossom. He left behind his pregnant girlfriend named Polly Cooper, his uncomfortably attached twin sister, Cheryl Blossom, and his psychotic parents, Clifford and Penelope Blossom.

This twisted family is the cause of the drug epidemic in Riverdale, known as "jingle-jangle."

The Andrews

The Andrews Family: Archibald (Archie) and Fred Andrews, head of Andrews Construction. Archie is an all-star athlete, boy next door, who also happens to be a musician? What even. Fred Andrews gets into some nasty business with Hiram Lodge, which is the devil to the Southside.

The Lodges

The Lodges are from the wonderful world of New York, but Hiram Lodge was arrested for embezzlement. So Hermione and Veronica ran off to Riverdale. They have a terrible reputation because of Hiram's criminal background, but as soon as he steps foot out of prison, he spends no time waiting around to get what he wants. He becomes the worst enemy for the Southside as he buys it all up, hoping to expand his big plans. Hermione runs for mayor and wins later on. Veronica dates the boy next door and unintentionally gets Archie involved with Hiram.

The Jones

Jughead and FP Jones, are without the mother figure and younger sibling named Jellybean. FP Jones is the leader of the Southside Serpent gang. Jughead is an aspiring writer, who slowly morphs into a serpent. Jughead is a natural-born sleuth, much like his girlfriend, Betty Cooper. FP used to be in a relationship with Alice Cooper, and they had a child together that stayed at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy.

In the town of Riverdale, four friends (Veronica, Jughead, Archie, and Betty) come together to solve Riverdale's most pressing mysteries. They solved the abrupt murder mystery of the young Jason Blossom, who was killed by his own father, Clifford. They solved the murder mystery of the Black Hood killer, who was Hal Cooper, Betty's own father.

I never expected all of the twists and turns of this show. Much like the random musical numbers from Carrie: The Musical being implemented into the show's storyline. I was honestly shocked and immensely impressed. The writers of the show do a really good job at hiding who the killer is, and definitely not giving it away. They make you question everyone, and I thought everyone was the killer at some point or another!!

I definitely recommend this show. I didn't think I would get involved in this show, but I truly did. I got sucked in to this show so quickly that I am BEYOND ready for season three to be ready!!