10 Reasons 'Riverdale' Is About More Than Just The Death Of Jason Blossom

It's about love, mystery, and betrayal.

96
Medium

Riverdale is a thrilling, mysterious, dark, and sometimes cryptic series.

The CW's original show features a group of high schoolers that want to save their town. Through love affairs, murders, secrets, lies, and relationships, the group of kids work together to solve a series of unsolved mysteries. In Season One, we learned about the death of Jason Blossom. While the season revolved around the mysterious death and underground affairs happening in Riverdale, there was much more happening on the surface.

Here are 10 reasons Riverdale captured my heart, and hearts around the world, with it's powerful and captivating messages:

1. You will want a group of friends just like theirs. You learn what commitment looks like.

There is the jock, the dark one, the secret keeper, and the one who seems like she has it all together. You realize very quickly that they aren't who they portray themselves to be, but you don't care. There is no stronger friend group than Archie, Jughead, Betty, and Veronica.

2. You can't help but think Archie is the cutest, even though he's a high schooler.

You learn that you love redheads?!

His red hair, his chiseled body, his sense of humor, and his confidence.

Miss Grundy made me do it!

3. Your childhood crush, Cole Sprouse, is one of the main characters.

You learn he's grown up quite nicely; that troubled hipster look just works for ya.

How can you not love a show with Cole Sprouse? He is my childhood crush and, dare I say, my current crush, too???

4. You can't go a full week without racking your brain about who killed who or who said what.

You learn patience.

Every episode is a different mystery, a different secret, a different story. You have to stay up to date when the storyline is constantly changing.

5. You fall in love with the couples.

You learn about love.

Although you ultimately want Archie and Betty to end up together, you can't help but love the couples the way they are. Archie and Veronica are sexy and powerful. Jughead and Betty are unexpected and strong. It's captivating.

6. You will want to go to Riverdale, despite the drama.

You learn maybe you're a bit crazy?

Yes, there are murders. No, it's not particularly safe. But how thrilling would it be to live in that town and go to that high school?!

7. You will feel nostalgic about Pop's even though you've never been there.

You realize every town, even a made up one like Riverdale, needs a comfy place where everyone feels safe.

There's something so homey about Pop's. Whether it be Pop himself, the late night chats, the comfort food, or the people who fill the Choklit Shoppe, it's heartwarming every time it comes on the screen.

8. Your heart will race every time you see Hiram Lodge.

You learn about betrayal.

He's a sneaky guy. I can't help but get a knot in my stomach each time I see his scandalous face. Each time Veronica believes his lies, I want to jump through the screen.

9. You will want an answer to why Cliff Blossom sucks.

You REALLY learn about betrayal with this guy.

I know he is long gone at this point, but I still want to know why he is such as a horrible person. How can you kill your son???

10. You will fall in love with each character.

You learn about unconditional love.

Regardless of how much you want to hate Cheryl when she goes crazy, your heart breaks for her when you think about her awful mother. No matter how much you hate that Jughead is a serpent, you also kind of like his dark, passionate side. It's a big group of big hearts and you will fall in love with each one almost immediately.

Riverdale is a Millennial's updated Degrassi, but much better. You will be instantly attached after the first episode.

If you haven't watched it, give it a try!

Check out Season Two exclusively on the CW's website.