'Riverdale' After Luke Perry Is Not The Same

According to producers, "Riverdale" is halted until further notice.

400

In the wake of Luke Perry's sudden death, the CW absolute smash hit, Riverdale's production has come to a screeching halt. The 52-year-old actor who played "Fred Andrews" passed away on Monday, March 4th, 2019 after suffering a massive stroke the week prior. According to his publicist in a public statement, "He was surrounded by his children Jack and Sophie, fiancé Wendy Madison Bauer, ex-wife Minnie Sharp, mother Ann Bennett, step-father Steve Bennett, brother Tom Perry, sister Amy Coder, and other close family and friends. The family appreciates the outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Luke from around the world and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning. No further details will be released at this time," a statement read by Robinson.

As of writing this article after the 14th episode aired (3.6.19), the CW did include a tribute to the deceased to commemorate his work and celebrate his life during the airing of the show. This does leave to question what will happen with the show.

As it stands, the show is halfway through the twenty-two episode season three with the 15th episode scheduled to air on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. While the CW and Warner Brothers have not released plans on how the show will shift after the passing of Perry, but one could assume that all episodes shot before his passing will air in the coming weeks, and then further into the fourth season, as the show is currently into production.

On behalf of Odyssey, all of our thoughts, prayers, and good vibes go out to the friends, family, and loved ones of the Perry family. He will be remembered for his work in 90210, 8 Seconds, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and of course- Riverdale. His family asks that in lieu of flowers, you donate to Fight Colorectal Cancer and St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

***UPDATE*****

Riverdale has resumed production after a two-day break to mourn their lost friend and coworker.