Risk and Reward

Risk and Reward

A poem on flying, even if the risk of falling is at hand.

21
Risk and Reward
QuiteCurious

Flying

Staring at the grounds below

Intimidated by the height

The risk,

The danger that could end my breath

By falling,

The plunge

Cringing, aching, glaring

One step sending a surge of adrenaline into my veins

Inch by inch, a hello turning into a goodbye with each pulse

A wind of the unknown

Encompassing my all-being in indescribable whirlwinds

One last breath of the whisking air

My lungs burning from the brisk cold oxygen

Amongst the pale blue sky

A hundred stories up

And I am ready to end mine

I jump

But to begin another, by flying

Soaring through the plush clouds that hold my heart

Scathing as I travel, soothing my soul

Holding my wounds, shutting the pain away

I am reborn, reinventing each feather of my wings

Plucking the darkness away, cleaning the ones that stay

Fear has caused me to elevate, I have ascended

Falling has caused me to fly.

Tik Tok Stars: Worth the Hype? or Overrated?

As Tik-Tokers rise to fame, do their 'copy-cat' dances deserve the clout?

218
https://pixabay.com/photos/tiktok-social-media-app-tik-tok-5323007/

Oh, the wonders of social media. Trends come and go just as quick as a story on Instagram, everyone posting for their shot at fifteen minutes of fame, and the ever growing following of a new type of celebrity- social media influencers and content creators. Everyone who owns a smartphone probably has Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and now Tik-Tok, as it's growing to be a major social media platform for teenagers and young adults. Tik Tok became popular in the United States in late 2019 and since then has grown a considerable amount. Personally, I was one to make fun of Tik-Tok and say it was a dumb app like Musical.ly or Triller, and now months later, I spend more time on it than I do on Instagram.