RiRi Named it Stunna For a Reason

RiRi Named it Stunna For a Reason

A Liquid Lipstick Review

100
RiRi Named it Stunna For a Reason
Google

By now, you have definitely heard of Fenty Beauty.

Rihanna, the voice of a generation, came out with her own beauty line late 2017 with a message that beauty is for all. She made waves by debuting a foundation line with 40 shades along with blinding highlighters and other complexion products.

In comparison, Tarte released a new foundation last month that debuted 18 shades (that is horrible).

Rihanna has definitely made an impact in her less than 6 months on the shelves at Sephora and online.

Then, in late November of 2017, lipstick lovers rejoiced because the badgal herself she released a a liquid lipstick she named Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Lip Color. It only came in one color - “Uncensored” and claims to be a red that “looks incredible on all skin tones” according to the Sephora website.

The Sephora also says this about the lip paint:

“Equal parts class and sass, Stunna Lip Paint goes from zero to 100 in one stroke of its lip-defining precision wand, making it easier than ever to dress your lips in show-stopping, soft matte pigment. Its serious 12-hour hold is so weightless, if it were not for the non-stop compliments, you would forget you were even wearing it. And if that were not enough—Stunna Lip Paint will not feather, staying kissably smooth. In other words, it behaves so you don’t have to.”

So that is a lot of claims so I decided to put the liquid lip to the test throughout my day of school and work.

My first impression of the product was that it looks very beautiful. The product itself is cute, luxury and fun. It retails for $24 (plus tax) and has an applicator that I have never personally seen before. The component contains 0.14 ounces of product.

I feel like I should get points for my nails matching the red in the bottle.

When I first put the product on my bottom lip I was FLIPPIN’ from the pigment. One dunk pretty much covered all of my lips which is impressive. The application, however, took a little bit of finagling because of the curious applicator. I generally take my time putting on lipstick because I want even lines but I felt like this particular one took a little longer than usual. The applicator wasn’t bad at all, just different.

In this image, you can see how the applicator is slightly different than other liquid lipstick doefoots (doefeet?).

When all was said and done, this was my final result featuring wet hair:

And as someone who tends to shy from red lipsticks (I prefer purples, grays, and rose-nudes) I was in love. I was so impressed with the color and the magical coverage from such a thin consistency.

It felt extremely light-weight. I knew there was something on my lips but it was not drying or uncomfortable. Again, I cannot say enough how thin the formula is in relation to how much color is deposited on the lip.

Above is a closer look of my lips and the color. I feel it is extremely flattering and I was excited to wear it throughout my day! I started wearing it around 9AM and managed to only re-apply once around 3PM only because I felt it was a little (very little) faded in the middle.

I started my day with class where I actively participate vocally and then went to Career Services where I work. I had an event to host called Pizza With a Pro and also took part in the pizza-eating. Usually greasy food will remove lipstick pretty easily but I was constantly checking for lipstick smudges on my chin (big lip probs) and fading in the center and the lipstick was still mostly in place!

I will say that this lipstick is not transferproof. I noticed the top of my water bottle had a layer on lipstick on it. Also It smudged very, very slightly on the right corner of my mouth but i easily fixed that with my finger. It was barely noticeable but still not something I wanted on my face.

After the event and I continued working at the office, I ate again and drank a smoothie. The lipstick was still holding up so well and was still very comfortable. I noticed only a little dryness because well, it had been on my lips for 6 hours at that point.

In between being at the office and going to my last class, I reapplied. However this was me before that.

You can see the ever so slight fade in the center of my lips but I think it held up extremely well. I reapplied and went on to my class. Afterwards, I went to the gym and didn’t want to be a douche and still wear lipstick so that is where my story comes to an end.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The Stunna Lip Paint is beautiful. I have seen the color on multiple skin tones and honestly, I think Rihanna was right when she said this was flattering on everyone. The formula was comfortable and extremely long lasting. I had it on for about 9 hours and only reapplied because I wanted to, not because I needed to. I definitely believe it could’ve lasting relatively flawlessly for 12 hours but be warned - it is not transferproof. So this means coffee cups and another pair of lips might find themselves a Stunna, too.