Corey La Barrie's Friends Mourn His Passing On Social Media

7 Posts From Corey La Barrie's Friends After His Tragic Death Will Remind You To Hold Your Loved Ones Close

Even though I've never met you, losing you has been one of the hardest losses I've ever dealt with.

483
Youtuber Corey La Barrie

YouTuber Corey La Barrie lost his life on his 25th birthday on May 10, 2020, after getting in a car crash with a drunk driver.

I've been watching Corey on YouTube for years, and when I found out about his death, I was devastated. He's had such a positive impact on every single person he came into contact with, and even though I've never met him, losing him felt personal to me.

My deepest condolences go to his friends and family. I can not imagine what they must be going through at the moment. It took me a long while to accept the fact that he's gone from this world with just a blink of an eye. He's such a happy-go-lucky person, and all of his friends loved him so dearly that his death just doesn't feel real.

A lot of his friends went to social media to express their feelings on the loss, and here's what some of his closest friends had to say:

Kian Lawley

"This doesn't feel real... still can't believe it. Corey, man, u left us too soon. U were the best friend anybody could ever ask for...U were such a fucking good kid. Had the biggest heart and the most contagious laugh. U could walk into any room and everybody would know ur name, u would literally bring the life to the party. U were loved and cherished by so many people and you still are...We spent so much damn time together and at times I felt like we spent too much time together, but now that ur gone, I feel like we didn't get enough. I will never forget all the times we had together. Some of my best life memories are with you."

Harrison Webb

"I was just on the phone to you hours before & my god you sounded so happy, you were making me smile on the other end of the phone 5000 miles away. I keep finding myself laughing about the hilarious memories & secrets we had, and then now writing this I've turned into a right old mess, tears and everything. Like so many people have already said, you really were the best & meant so much to everyone even if they didn't know you that well, but that's how amazing you were with people...Some of my best moments in life have been with you, and they wouldn't have been the best if you weren't there...I'm so glad that we got to meet man, I love you."

Crawford Collins

"Corey, you were my brother/best friend/channel partner and one crazy motherfucker. From the 1st day I met you you've done nothing but push me to be a better person and help me out any chance you had. Anytime I needed help with a video or had no money to call an uber or needed a place to stay you were always the 1st one to help me out and the same would go for any of your friends that needed the same. You are the perfect example of a supportive friend and what everyone is saying about you supports that 1000x over. You always lived life to the fullest... and those memories I will cherish forever... I wish more then anything that we could have accomplished all the big plans that we had for the future. But I take comfort in knowing how many people you impacted positively in such a short time and because of that your legacy will live forever.... You're a legend bro. Love you always"

Jc Caylen

"He had just turned into more than a friend. He was just the type of guy to call family. And I know you've heard this from multiple people, and it's so great seeing it, but there's multiple stories with people saying Corey made them feel like they belonged and that he was never caught up in the LA scene. And he was always real, and he was always the life of the party, and he was always so nice to anyone and everyone. He didn't care about your status. He didn't care about any of that bullshit, and he just loved to have a good time and laugh, and dude, every second he got a chance [he would] always try to make a joke and try to make people laugh... He always made me laugh, and he didn't even have to try. These past couple days, I would look at old videos of him and old pictures and stuff. Not one was boring... Corey, I hope you know you were one of a kind. You were unique."

Franny Arrieta

"Corey... the man who was able to make me smile no matter what, the man who pushed me to be better, the man who lit up everyone's world. You were the big brother I never had. You loved me so unconditionally and had my back through thick and thin. You were the biggest go getter I knew. Once you had your mind set on something nobody could stop you. You inspired me so much. If I was scared to try something new, you would always hold my hand through it all. I'm so lucky to say that I was able to know such an incredible human being like you. You had so much love for everyone and always put your loved ones first before yourself. What I would do to have one last hug, one last laugh with you. You meant the world to me. Nothing will ever be the same without you but I promise I will do everything that I can to keep your legacy and spirit alive with us."

Nezza

"Corey I love you more than you probably knew. You loved everyone around you. And lifted them up any second you could get. You had all our backs and would defend us no matter what. And for that I know we now have you as our guardian angel. You gave the most amazing hugs. I just want to hug you one last time... Your laugh is something I'll never unhear. You were a wild one. Lived life to the absolute fullest. You did what you wanted to make sure life felt good. You'd spend your money however you wanted haha and no one could tell you differently. But even if you didn't have any. You'd still spend it on your friends... I miss you so fucking much. Never did I think I'd be saying bye to one of us so young. We were supposed to grow old together... I know this probably won't get any easier but we'll always celebrate your legacy. And also like you said once, there's no goodbyes in this world, just see ya later."

Corey La Barrie loved each and every one of his friends so dearly, and the same definitely goes back to him. He was always there for his friends whenever they needed him, and he was always there to boost their morale.

Corey didn't deserve to have his life taken at such a young age, but despite the pain that his friends are going through, they try to keep a positive mindset by promising to keep his legacy alive. Bobby Mares posted a video of Corey saying what his legacy in life is, and here's what he said:

Corey's cousin started a GoFundMe for Corey's memorial, and although they've already reached their goal - according to Jc in his YouTube video - Corey's dad is:

"Working towards a lot of things for Corey right now... He is going to build the best memorial for his son, and he deserves it... and through your guys' donations, we're going to do that as a family and it's going to be amazing... Corey's going to be widely known for who he was... and it's going to be beautiful."

If you could, please donate whatever you can to Corey's go fund me for his memorial here, but if not, at least try to live your life full of "oh well's" instead of "what if's," not only to continue Corey's legacy but also because it's such a great perspective on life.

Corey, you will be missed dearly by so many. Rest in peace.