Rihanna Is A Force To Be Reckoned With

Rihanna Is The Artist Of Our Generation

Enough said.

83
rihanna

A few days ago I was listening to my music on shuffle and Rihanna's "SOS" came on. After I finished jamming to that incredible song I realized something: Rihanna is THAT bitch! And not "bitch" in a bad way, "bitch" in a way of empowering and amazing. She started out in 2005 when she was just seventeen years old and thirteen years later her career is still thriving. That amazes me.

I truly believe that Rihanna is the artist of our generation.

She is the one artist that, no matter your preference of music genre, everyone knows and loves. My friends and I all have different music choices, but if one artist can bring us together, it's Rihanna. My parents even love her!. My Dad's favorite is "Cheers (Drink To That), and my Mom's is "Bitch Better Have My Money", which I think is really funny.

Throughout her career, she has released eight studio albums: "Music Of The Sun", "A Girl Like Me", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Rated R", "Loud", "Talk That Talk", "Unapologetic", and "Anti". Each album has a completely different and unique style, which is something most artists don't explore. Most artist stick to one style of music and stick with it because it keeps them relevant, but not Rihanna. She dares to be different, and it has certainly made her stand out in the industry. She has also had thirty one songs in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100, and of those thirty one, fourteen of them went number one. FOURTEEN. She is one of only four artists to reach that milestone.

Not only recognized for her music, Rihanna is also acclaimed for her humanitarian work as well. She was named 2017 Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year. She also created a scholarship program called "The Clara and Lionel Foundation Scholarship Program". Named after her grandparents, the scholarship helps students attending U.S. colleges from Caribbean countries. She also is a supporter of the Global Partnership for Education, that helps provide children access to education in over sixty countries.

Rihanna is also an actress as well, appearing in television shows such as "Bates Motel" and films like "Battleship", "Home", and most recently, "Oceans 8". She is also a badass business woman as well. In 2017, she launched her cosmetics brand, Fenty Beauty, which was created for women of all skin tones, and all cultures. Its sales for the brand are around $72 million. That's a lot of money!

From her music to all of her incredible charity work, Rihanna is truly a force to be reckoned with, which is why I believe she is truly the artist of our generation. At only age thirty she has done so much and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for her.

I am also patiently awaiting new music from her as well and I already know it's going to be amazing. I mean, come on, it's Rihanna after all.