Worst Universal Studios Orlando Rides

4 Rides To Avoid On Your Next Trip To Universal

I would rather sit out for these.

305

After having my fair share of experiences at Universal in Orlando, I have seen the best and the worst of a majority of the rides. Looking back on all my visits to the parks, I composed a list of the rides I have never ridden again. This list is scaled from number one being the worst ride there and number four being the most bearable ride.

1. "Fast & Furious" - Supercharged

Wikipedia

Sadly, this is the newest ride at Universal Studios and by far the worst. The storyline is impossible to follow and the acting is the most cringe-inducing ride I have ever experienced in my whole life. I was very much anticipating the opening of this ride and rode it the first week it was open to the public. The ride is a simulation that puts you in a car chase, but the screens are difficult to see, the movements are too jerky to be real, and the car itself is uncomfortable. Before even hearing about this new ride, I never knew the "Fast & Furious" franchise had such a big fan following. I was confused as to why Universal was wasting space on movies that didn't seem too popular. One positive thing: Virtual line is a blessing. Universal is going in the right direction with the idea of virtual lines.

2. "The Simpsons" Ride

Wikipedia

I am prone to motion sickness, so I'm used to getting a little dizzy after every ride, but this ride was the worst. Only a few seconds into the ride I had to look away and put my head down because I thought I was going to get sick. The ride is you and a few people in a small cart and a screen is right in front of the front row. It jerks you and the screen makes you feel like you are flying in multiple directions at one time. The only good thing about this ride is how "The Simpsons" have a big fan base so it's fun to see the characters.

3. Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Wikipedia

This is another ride that gives me motion sickness. The only reason this ride is better than "The Simpsons" is that I love Jimmy Fallon. The Simpsons are great, don't get me wrong, but Jimmy Fallon is loved by people of all ages. The line to wait for this ride is also really interesting because you don't feel like you are waiting. You have live entertainment and memorabilia from The Tonight Show. My favorite part is how you're not waiting and standing in a boring line. The room is big enough where you can walk around or sit on one of the couches. It isn't very good if the queue line is more entertaining than the ride though.

4. "Despicable Me" Minion Mayhem

Wikipedia

As Universal starts to add more rides and attractions to the parks they seem to be leaning more towards rides that consist of the rider sitting and a screen creating the ride around them. This ride is you sitting in a large theatre, just like the Jimmy Fallon ride, and you get pushed and pulled around an adventure with the Minions. The waiting for this ride is more entertaining if you have seen all the "Despicable Me" movies as I have. It was fun to see all the props in person that you have seen from the movies.