5 Ricardo Darin's movies you must watch

It Is Time To Watch Ricardo Darin's Movies, And Here Is 5 Of Our Favorites Ones

Anytime you are zapping, and you see this face as the picture of this article, you must stop and watch the movie; no matter what.

620

The other day I was speaking with a coworker who said he loves Latin American movies. That is unusual; even though Latino films have improved and we have three Mexican directors winning an Oscar in the last five years, South America is not a synonym of good cinema. I can tell you many good films, actors, screenwriters and directors, but Latino Cinema needs some public relations and marketing to become a world reference.

In any case, this guy (who says he likes those movies) did not know "Ricardo Darin." It was a surprise. Ricardo Darin is the most famous Argentinian actor and he is a superstar in Spain. Then, I thought if this coworker does not know about Darin, many of my readers as well, and the world must know and watch Ricardo Darin's movies.

Anytime you are zapping and you see his face on the picture of this article, you must stop and watch the movie; no matter what. Darin is not only an amazing actor; he knows how to choose a film. Even his worst movie is better than many others you probably paid to watch in the theater.

This article is not about his bio because you can find it on Google; this article is to help you to introduce Darin in your life. Here are my top 5 Ricardo Darin movies.

1. "Son of the Bride."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-iIEsKtSKM&t=2s

VERONICA TIERNA-ILUSION

"Son of the Bride" is one of my all-time favorite movies. With this film, I discovered Ricardo Darin and the fantastic work of Argentinean cinema. This movie was nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Foreign Language Film." It is the story of Julian, who is divorced and tired of his life. By the film, we are going to watch his travel from a regular guy to a better man. One thing I love about this movie is any time I am almost going to cry; the screenplay changes and makes me laugh.

2. "The Secret in Their Eyes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHkTSqeGoU

elsecretodesusojos

Maybe you know better "The Secret in Their Eyes" because there is an American version lead by Julia Roberts, but it is not even close to the Argentinean version. In 2010, "The Secret in Their Eyes" won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, and it is so good that in a 2016 poll of international critics for the BBC's 100 Greatest Films of the 21st Century this was voted one of the 100 most excellent motion pictures since 2000.

In this film, we have love, suspense, politics, mystery and terror. At the end, when you think you know what is about to happen, the story changes and gives you the biggest surprise. I am not going to summarize the movie because I want you to watch it.

3. "Nine Queens."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4W2tD1cveY

ZEPfilms

With "Nine Queens," you can see Ricardo Darin is good in drama and comedy. This story is not as intense as the two previous. It is more a kind of Argentinean "Oceans Eleven," but I promise you will enjoy it.

4. "Truman."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpQh5AQfldY

Cinespagne.com

"Truman" is also a comedy, but it has enough drama to make this movie special. It is the most recent movie I am suggesting to you. The story is about two old friends and a dog; it sounds like a silly film, doesn't it? "Trauman" teaches how a simple plot can be a fantastic movie. It won many international awards.

5. "Chinese Take-Away."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fphy8aIkDvY

reyard

"Chinese Take-Away" is maybe the movie I like the least in this list. Don't get me wrong; it is a good movie with a fantastic message (as always when Ricardo Darin is in a film). The story is about a Chinese guy who does not speak Spanish and how he interferes in the protagonist's life.

I hope after this article, you will watch at least one of these movies. I promise you won't regret it.