Every Woman Needs To Read These R.H. Sin Poems Right Now

Own your words and actions. Be sophisticated and sassy, while being everything in between.

10583
The Odyssey

r.h. Sin is quite honestly, one of the most compelling writers. I have never been a fan of poetry, but one night on Pinterest I typed in "poems about moving on". This is when I stumbled upon his poems. I stayed up for hours reading through pages and pages of his poetry. To quote r.h. Sin from his website,

"I just wanted the opportunity to speak to the women who are like the ones I've met throughout life. All fighting something, all surviving something."

His words have always moved me because they translate that way with me. His poems can be considered "sad" but in a way, they make me feel so much better no matter what mood I was in when I read them. His poems put emotions that I am feeling into words, which even as I writer, I can struggle with writing my emotions out. At first, they were just Instagram captions to me, but now that I have read through multiple books of his and have spent hours on Pinterest reading his poetry on the go, I have truly never felt more connected with words. His words are "art, my poetry is my way of giving back to all the powerful women who have either inspired me or helped me become a better man". Here are just a few of my favorites. If you have the money, his books are worth every penny and the investment (coming from deep personal experience).

1. Recent Favorite

This is a recent find on his Instagram for an upcoming book. In terms of relationships. I have finally been able to find something that puts into words on how I have been feeling. It is so tough to be told that everything is perfect about you but "I just don't want to be with you". I have been struggling to find the words for this feeling but, r.h. Sin is able to articulate it perfectly.

2. When She Breaks Down

Everyone is going through something. Sometimes we wear it on our face, sometimes you will never know. Keep that in mind with every person you meet. Smiling isn't always happiness, it's strength in hope.

3. 3 Things

If this doesn't make you want to ask for a pay raise above a man in the same position as you, put on your best shoes and own everything around you.....let it do that for you. We as women don't have to be soft and sweet, we can be the above.

4. I Am Enough

Every person is worth it, they are just not worth it to everyone else.

5. Loyal

No need for an explanation as to why I love this one.

6. Hurt

You are allowed to be hurt. You are more than allowed to need time to yourself. But, let it go.

7. Single

I can not stress the importance of this enough. It is hard to be single and happy at times but, it is so much better than to feel not worthy, loved, or cared for by someone you care about. There is nothing worse than to be in a one-sided relationship. If you feel like you are in one, you can take much better care of yourself than that person can. Better to get stronger with yourself being single, than get weaker because of someone else.

8.

9. Strong

You can be both, but always be strong.

10. My Favorite

You do not need anyone else. You, yourself, can go from rags to riches. You can go from being broken to being a survivor, a warrior. You can build the life you want by yourself. You don't need a King to feel like a Queen. In fact, the most superior women of the world have done it alone and without a husband. Build the life you want to live and be proud of it.

r.h. Sin connects with me as a reader but inspires me as a writer. It is like him and I are on the same wavelength in terms of what I'm trying to write out because he always writes it better than I could ever do. I can only recommend that women read his poetry because they have a way of making everything seem okay, even when it looks to be far from it. Thank you, r.h. Sin for your work. You can truly connect with human feelings and write them out perfectly.