And They Said Women Were Too Emotional To be President.

The latest 2020 presidential debate seems to disprove the notion that women are too emotional to be the president.

18
YouTube

As a woman I have often been told many preconceived notions about myself that I never even knew. Apparently, I don't sit the proper way, I talk too much, I can't play sports as good as men, and above all else I am way too emotional! Now, I am not going to lie I tear up as easily as the next person when I watch animal shelter adoption videos and I do get very upset when I feel rejected or fail, but emotions are not a bad thing. Do I think women feel more emotions than men? No. Do I think women are not as afraid to show their emotions? Yes. Society holds the standard that women are allowed to express and feel emotions but for men it's a sign of weakness. And for women, it makes them inferior to men because they are "too emotional." However, the result of this is that women are more likely to express emotions but because we are not as afraid to express our emotions, we are more capable at monitoring and controlling them. When I get really upset, I usually cry for a little, but then my emotions are out of the way and I am able to think clearly and handle my problem. I think it is much healthier to confront your emotions head on, instead of bottling them up until they spillover out of control.

After the latest disaster of a presidential debate, I read multiple posts on Instagram and twitter saying, "and they said women were too emotional to be president." The debate consisted of two men, one more than the other, screaming over one another, name calling, insulting aggressively and no sign of a cordial coherent discussion. This joke of a debate had others as well as myself wondering: Do men know how to control their emotions? Would two women have been able to debate in a more controlled manner? Maybe one day we will find out. But to all women, never let anyone tell you that you're too emotional for anything. Especially not for the presidency.