A Year in Review

A Year in Review

Saying Sayonara to 2017

279
A Year in Review
Huff Post

It is that time of year again. That awkward time in between Christmas and New Year's where no one knows what to do. It is truly the end of all ends, as another year comes to a close. 2017 means something different to everyone, but it is still a time to reflect on the past 365 days. The lessons we have learned in this year are some that we will never forget.

It will be okay.

At times, you may feel like there is nothing in this world to make you feel worth it. And, please know, it will be okay. I know it seems like the end of the world right now, but one day, you are going to wake up, and it is going to hurt a little less. And then, each day, it will get easier from there. You can beat this, and you will. Have faith.

Don't let fear control you.

In a world that seems to be getting more and more terrifying by the minute, it is easy to want to curl up in our shells and hide from it. But, perhaps, we should try to face those fears head on. Maybe not all at once, but if we can face something that makes us the slightest bit uncomfortable every day, we slowly combat fear with strength. Do not let something stop you from living your best possible life.

Find people who genuinely care.

Most of us have taken that transition from high school to college, only to find that some people do not care about you. You may have lost some people you thought were your friends, but it just was not meant to be. New friends will come into your life that will be there to support you through it all. It may take time, but people with genuine intentions will come into your life.

Adventure is out there.

At some point in this year, we all probably got caught up amongst the stress of school and work. Something that I definitely learned was that there has to be a way to escape all the worry. And I did. Me and my friends would go on an adventure, whether it be to the city, the ice cream store, or just the dining hall. We made every moment exciting, and let me tell you, it made all the difference. If you are ever feeling stressed, I urge you to go on an adventure, no matter how small. It will make you feel just a little bit better.

Passion is key.

Whatever you feel passionate about, this year has shown that there is no purpose if there is no passion. Passion allows you to reach the potential you are capable of. If you don't feel that you have that passion for something anymore, then change what you are doing. If you love what you are doing, it makes everything that much easier.

Whether you loved this year or hated it, all things must come to an end. So, leave any negative thoughts you have in the past. It is your chance to start fresh and cleanse your soul. Keep loving, keep exploring, and keep that passion. Celebrate with the ones you love and cherish them for being in your life.