Returning To Campus After Christmas Break As Told By 'Awkward'

5. Getting use to balancing 18 credit hours, work and a social life again.

76
MTV

The hardest semester to go back to school is always after Christmas break. You are use to sleeping in, seeing friends you haven't seen in months and binge watching old and new Netflix shows. Overall, it is just super hard to get back into the swing of things after a much needed break. Here are some things you maybe feeling/ thinking about upon your return to school:

1. Getting back to a normal schedule.

No more waking up whenever you want and creating your own schedule each day. Well, at least most of the time.

2. Remembering how much of a struggle it is to find parking on campus.

And also remembering to leave early to account for the extra time it will take you to stalk a spot.

3. Constantly rushing in the first few weeks.

School supplies, buying books, getting to new classes and the list goes on. The first few weeks of a new semester are always super hectic.

4. New professors both good and bad.

Either you get the professor that lets you out early or you get the professor who assigns you an essay on the first day.

You would think we would be use to it by now but it's always a struggle getting back into the swing of things after some time off. Which often causes moodiness and stress eating.

6. Being reunited with the annoying classmate in your lecture.

You know the one, that constantly asks questions and will rant for fifteen minutes? Not looking forward to getting to listen to that everyday again.

7. HOMEWORK.

I know this is a no brainer, but still. Getting back into the groove of constantly doing homework again is always hard.

8. Running on a constant caffeine high.

After a relaxing break filled with unwinding, it takes A LOT of coffee to keep the day going.

9. Realizing how you get to start out a new semester by walking through a snowy and cold campus.

This is always the worst part about going back to school. You were use to being snuggled up in your bed watching a movie and now you are back to trucking through campus with an oversized backpack.

10. Being more broke than usual.

The stigma is college kids are always broke. But, at the beginning of the semester it's even worse. Between new books and other required materials and whatever else you need, your bank account will start declining pretty quickly. Bring on the ramen.

Good luck to everyone returning this semester!