Spread Kindness
Politics

Spread Kindness

Being angry won't change anything so let's focus on being kind and helping each other.

6
Spread Kindness

No matter what side you were on…the vote is real…We will have a new President and we need to be willing to see what he will do in the future and be prepared to support the actions that bring this country up and oppose, as a country, the actions that do not.

Being hateful won't help, from either side, whether you're supporting or protesting. We need to remember to respect people no matter what. Instead of fighting about an issue that has already been determined we should be having real conversations, be understanding of one another and know that a majority of voters did not in fact vote for a racist President. They voted for Change…

I know the results left many people unhappy. It’s normal. The vote was almost split equally. What I don’t understand is how so many teens have taken it upon themselves to bring only the nasty comments of the campaign to school and rehash them in the hallways…

As I walked the hallways the past few days, I couldn't believe the things I was hearing and seeing. Everyone was out of control whether it was to support or protest the next President of the United States. Students were voicing their opinions by yelling mean and demeaning things in the halls directed at certain people, harassing other students, or just picking fights and starting arguments about the whole thing. It was appalling to see so many teens divided by the issue and lashing out at each other because they didn't agree and they thought they had the right to push their opinion on others in a hateful way. We shouldn't be mad at each other right now or be dividing ourselves based on who we supported.

We as teens need a real discussion with our teachers, not based on opinions, but facts, What are all of Trump's views? What does he want to accomplish in his first 100 days? Are these things feasible? Are they constitutional?

Am I saying we need to support Trump's racist comments and derogatory view of women? No, but at this moment we need to be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what he will actually do in office. I hope that we can all come together to support and help one another and spread kindness . We don't all have to agree, but we should at least agree to disagree with dignity and respect.