Self-Employed Entrepreneurs Deserve Your Respect
Entrepreneurship

Self-Employed Entrepreneurs Deserve Your Respect, I Learned That From My Father

The "do it yourself" mindset is something I have always looked up to.

296
Sade Yinger

I respect those who have a vision for their life that does not necessarily fit the cookie cutter idea of a 9-5 job. Their vision does not fit just one job title, taking on so many roles in their life. They care so much about their career that they take matters into their own hands and do it themselves.

This "do it yourself" mindset is something I totally respect and look up to. When a vision is so widespread it cannot be contained in a 9-5 job. Whether it be a side hustle, a self-made business, or an idea you are trying to expand. Wanting to branch out and start your own work environment is outstanding.

For an entrepreneur, it's not all about the money. If it was, they would have probably chosen a more "stable" job. Instead, they perceiver through various obstacles that fulfill their dreams. The self-made business is way more than the money you can make, it's about what someone can do with the money; expand their brand, or support themselves and their loved ones. It's rare in today's world to find someone who genuinely just loves their job and is not just focused on the paycheck. Entrepreneurs enjoy their work.

But most importantly, they love what their work is, what it stands for, and how it affects and impacts others. Their work can leave an impact which is essentially the whole reason why they work so hard. It's the sense of accomplishment after finishing a difficult yet fulfilling project. Those who are self-employed work long, fluctuating hours in order to see their vision come to life. They do what it takes to accomplish their goals; struggle through financial obstacles, slow periods, and self-doubt.

My personal experience with this subject is very close to my heart. My father has worked for himself, being a contractor for 10 years. I never understood the extent of his hard work until recently. I see his hard work displayed through his enthusiasm to begin a new project. The "before" and "after" pictures are absolutely astonishing. My father built his own business remodeling houses along with various other jobs for others.

Seeing my father take on a new project is so inspiring. He will be so excited, talking about the vision he has for this old, dated kitchen remodel he's doing. He will totally transform this kitchen into a modern, clean-looking space. Just this total transformation is amazing to me. The blood, sweat, and tears he puts into every project are unremarkable. But, it's not the only thing I respect about him; it's about why he chose to work for himself in the first place.

My father is the type of person to have goals, visions, and inspirations. He does not just settle for the status quo. He is constantly finding new design ideas and implementing them in his projects. The best part for him? Seeing the look on his client's face when he reveals his work. He has such pride in his work. He had such a vision that he took a risk to start his own business, not knowing how it would all pan out.

Luckily for his hard work ethic and extreme talent, I've watched as my father grew his brand into something so successful. This never came without some hard times along the way. To me, that's what it's all about when you first decide to be a self-employed entrepreneur. The amount of respect I have for people who decide to take this risk and spark their dream into reality is unspeakable.

If you have a dream, it is definitely possible to achieve. I've watched my father grow his talent from the ground up in order to make a living. Take your passions, dreams, and goals and run with them. If you have a vision and want to make a difference, you should go after it and build off of it. Being original, working hard, and making a difference is most definitely respected.