New Year, New Me?

New Year, New Me?

Now I know, it's already April. How could I finally be setting New Years Resolutions?? Come see!

16
https://www.pexels.com/photo/empty-asphalt-road-between-trees-2682122/

It is April 4th and there should be no reason to try to hop on the Resolution train now. I have always hated resolutions because they just never worked or I couldn't find the energy to try to embrace this new change in my life. So, in lieu of making huge goals and setting a timeline for what I wanted to accomplish, I decided this would be the year of pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Well, four torturous months into the year and I can proudly say that I am making some amazing progress! I have picked up a few new "creative" hobbies such as doing fun makeup, baking/cooking, embroidery, and now writing! (There is also the occasional TikTok) I have slowly changed from being an uncomfortable, self-conscious teenager who didn't do much but sit in my room into a young adult that doesn't really care what the world has to say.

Now while I wish I could say I did this all on my own, I have so many people in my life who have helped push me to this point. Early last year I realized that part of my struggle with my image and my personality was due to a few toxic relationships I had during high school... I thankfully got out of them (Safely!). About a year after getting out of this and finally getting partially healed, I fell head over heels. I met this guy online of all places and things just clicked. He was perfect to me and treated me in a way I never had before. The relationship moved fast and scared the heck out of me. He changed my self-image and has been a blessing to my mental health. Along with him, I gained a new family and some wonderful friends. They make it so hard to think negatively.

Emily got me into writing, Preston got me into pushing myself harder and Morgan got me into embroidery. I guess what I am trying to say is, push yourself. Don't settle for second best and don't give up on yourself. I was at my breaking point last year and I never would have imagined being where I am now, or being surrounded by the loving community I have today.

Keep pushing, loves. The rainbow always appears after the storm.