Republican Military Might
Politics

Republican Military Might

Certainly an interesting 80 days so far...

3
Republican Military Might
Politico

It seems the next display of Republican military might has finally decided to come out of hiding.

On April 7th, President Trump tried his hand at hypocrisy and decided to get involved with the matters in Syria, something he previously condemned President Obama for doing. Not to mention the blatant overkill displayed in these missile strikes; 59 missiles launched. Seriously? There was one airbase being targeted and the navy felt that 59 would do the job? I bet that strike was expensive.

I can't help but wonder, what is with Republicans and their love to just blow stuff up or invade some country? My theory is that they are just trying to carry on a streak. Look at who our president has followed: George H.W. Bush deployed troops into Saudi Arabia, and his son did the same to Iraq and Afghanistan. Now keeping that in mind, we now have a President who just hates being outdone. So not only is he trying to keep the streak alive, but I suspect that we're in for an even worse warmonger this time around. And how can we blame Donald Trump for blowing stuff up? He's already making break-neck pace through the Republican checklist; create some sort of budget plan to screw the poor and help the rich? Check. Do something to make things worse for those who aren't white? Check. Make budget cuts (and seemingly declare war on) necessary programs like planned parenthood or the EPA? Check.

So nobody should be freaking out, this is just the next step. To anyone who was wondering by the way: that little attack on that Syrian airfield? Yeah the missiles alone cost around 60 million dollars. How's that for Republican prowess?

Don't worry America, we're in good, albeit small, hands.