Renew Kings Of Con

Renew Kings Of Con

Dear Comic-Con HQ...

47
Renew Kings Of Con
Stardust & Melancholy

"Rob and Rich are super famous...13 weekends a year."

Ah, Kings of Con. The brilliant result from the minds of one Rob Benedict and Richard Speight, Jr. A single camera comedy about the lives of the actors back stage at fan conventions, and the mischief the actors get themselves into.

You see, when Kings of Con first premiered this past November, it was a hit. Heck, I've written about the show already once before.

(Which you can read here.)

The show's hilarious, and us fans were granted with the live after show, Kings Of Conversation. Again, a hilarious live show hosted by Rob and Rich to talk about that weeks episode, with special guest, skits, and Rob's band Louden Swain playing throughout the show.

(Or Jayden Swain, if you know what I'm talking about. :D)

So why are we here? Why write another Kings of Con centered piece? Well, the season 1 finale of the show is this coming Tuesday, January 17th. I'm writing this to tell Comic-Con HQ to please renew Kings of Con.

Rob and Rich deserve it. The two of them wrote, produced, and Rich directed everything.

(Sending a shout out to producers Elly and Tina as well!)

Not only is KOC funny, it's just plain good. It's genuine good quality programming, one of the best I've seen in a long time. The men are good at what they do.

Rob and Rich have successfully written many jokes that could have easily taken the stereotypical way out, offending people. But, they didn't. With a show about the fans, not once were the fans the butt end of the joke. They successfully offended no one.

And there's one example about jokes that I need to bring up.

Last week, in episode 9, Rob and Rich's characters get drunk in Vegas and by the next morning the men were married. And, well, not one "gay joke" was made. The fans were really appreciative. It meant a lot to a lot of people to see a scenario like that played out and for once, the ending wasn't offensive.

Comic-Con HQ, please renew Kings of Con. The fans adore it, and we are yearning for more. Rob and Rich have stated multiple times that the show is a love letter to the fans. Please don't let that love letter end.

If you've never heard of the show before and you clicked this article out of curiosity, please go to www.comic-conhq.com. That's comic HYPHEN con hq.com.

And if anyone from Comic-Con HQ gets to this article, listen to these reasons from fellow fans like me.

I went out and asked;

Why should Comic-Con HQ renew Kings of Con?

"We (the fans) love it. R2 make a great show that makes us laugh til we cry. It's #onfuego #hyphenboom"

-@DLVM88

"Kings of Con should be renewed because it's one of the funniest shows I've ever come across. Also, beneath the humor, it really shows what true friendship looks like. Rob and Rich are so in sync with each other, and it's obvious that they have so many more stories to tell. I want them to tell more stories, and that can be done in another season of Kings of Con (and hopefully many more after that.)

-@crowley-you-sinnamon-roll

"kings of con should be renewed because it generally brings so many people happiness every week, just being able to hear the funny stories being played out by the two people we absolutely love. it's great to watch episode to episode what rob and rich can do as they play off each other. hopefully, we will be granted with more seasons so we can see the journey beyond."

-@waywardswain

"I think Kings of Con should be renewed because it’s the funniest show I’ve seen in a very long time. Every time I at home the show I think well they can’t out do that for being funny but every week they somehow manage it. They have managed to for probably the first time make a show that has fan conventions in it and doesn’t portray us fans as weird in some way, in fact they often take those cliques and turn them around. For example in the second episode they took the stalker fan who sleeps with an actor and won't leave them alone clique and make the actor the weird one that won't leave them alone. Also their after show is really great."

-@hudine

"It's funny but not offensive. When they could easily reach for the jokes that rely on stereotyping for humor, they are able to turn that so that they're the butt of the joke instead of the typical audience. They had an episode where they married each other but not once did they make a "gay joke". They have made it fun for the cast and crew. We hear story after story about how much fun it was to be on set with these guys. I don't know much about the business, but rarely do we hear from actors, or guests, how fun the whole program was for them. We get these insider comments from tweets and from their after show Kings of Conversation, where the guests are invited back just to hang out. These guys have worked hard and it shows. Not only is the writing and story compelling and well written, but the technical aspects of the show shine as well. Good music scores accompany the show, good lighting, camera angles, etc. They've done their homework and went out to produce the best program they could. The characters and cast are totes adorbs too <3."

-@narrettwist

"Kings of Con should be renewed because not only is it hilarious, but it's one of the most respectful comedies out there. So many chances to make homophobic jokes, and they take zero of those chances. Thanks, guys! This queer lady appreciates it!"

-@clever-girl-velocistar237

"Oh man. It should be renewed because it's absolutely hilarious. It never fails to make me laugh through the entire episode. And while it's funny, it's also respectful. I've never felt like they've crossed a line that might offend viewers. Rob and Rich have done an amazing amount of work to make the show entertaining and engaging and I'm always left looking forward to the next episode. I'm sad that this week is the last episode and I'm desperately hoping that it gets renewed!"

-@lacqueluster

"Kings of Con is an extremely funny, well written comedy. The most important thing is that there are never jokes at anyone’s expense except for the characters in the show, and that makes it all the better to watch. There are so many moments that could have been used to create crude, sexist, or any number of other offensive jokes, but they never go there. It is refreshing. The product that they created is not just well done but well produced. They worked on a very limited time frame and yet there are so many little details in everything that it is easy to go back and watch over and over. It would be amazing to see what they could do in a second season with all of the shenanigans that they have collected over the years of doing the conventions."

-@krisn5

"WELL. Bc there in't any other single-cam-comedy like KoC of course! No show could ever hit the nail right in the head about the funny side of cons better than Rob and Rich did. (@ cchq please guys just renew the damn show)"

-@amira_syfqh