What You Need To Remove Stress Naturally
Health Wellness

Remove Stress Naturally

21

Stress is a common experience for the majority of people. In the US, 70% of adults say they experience stress daily. Stress can sometimes be a positive and motivating factor. Other times, it is negative and draining to our health. Negative stress takes a toll on your body and affects your daily life. There are, however, many things that you can do to relieve stress before it gets out of hand or before you reach for medication. Here is a list of effective natural remedies for stress.

Exercise

Exercise is an essential and common way of combating stress. Putting your body under physical stress relieves mental stress. Regular exercise yields the most benefits, and the people who do exercises regularly are less likely to feel stressed than people who do not. It is for the reason that it eventually reduces stress hormones in your body, such as cortisol. It also helps your body release endorphins which are natural painkillers and mood boosters. Lack of proper sleep and lack of confidence are also known to trigger stress. Thankfully, exercise can boost your confidence and improve your sleep.

Reduce caffeine intake

Caffeine is found in coffee, chocolate, tea, and energy drinks. Although caffeine can be healthy and beneficial when taken in moderation, it is certainly not for everyone. Caffeine can dehydrate you and interfere with your sleep. This will leave you tired and unable to properly deal with stress. High doses of caffeine can cause stress and anxiety. If you notice that a certain amount of it gives you anxiety, reduce your intake. You could also entirely do away with caffeine in your diet.

Take supplements

Several supplements reduce stress and anxiety. These include OMEGA 3-fatty acids, green tea, lemon balm, Ashwagandha, kava kava, valerian, and this product. Stress relieving supplements work by helping you sleep better, regulating stress response, improving your mood, or improving blood flow. Some supplements may have side effects when taken with medications so if you are under medication, talk to your doctor first.

Light a candle

Burn scented candles or use essential oils to reduce your stress and anxiety levels. Treating your moods using scents is known as aromatherapy. Studies show that aromatherapy improves sleep and reduces stress. Soothing scents include lavender, Frankincense, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood, Geranium, Vetiver, Bergamot, Orange blossom Ylang ylang and Roman chamomile. Benefit from these calming scents by using essential oils or lighting a candle.

Journal

Writing things down can be a great stress relieving technique especially if you focus on the positives. Write down what stresses you out, and then also note what you are grateful for. Gratitude will alleviate your anxiety and stress, by helping you focus on the positives in your life.

While stress is unavoidable in life, it is important to know how to deal with it and to not let it weigh you down. To maintain a good quality of life, find good and effective stress relievers. The natural stress relievers mentioned above can help you remain calm and in a good mood, enough to put you in a better position to handle your daily stress.