Reminders To Get You Through The Mid-Semester Hump

22

It’s mid November and Thanksgiving is around the corner. School is, most likely, one of the last things on your mind as you’re dreaming of creamy mashed potatoes and gooey pumpkin pie. The weather is getting colder, which also means getting out of bed to get to that 8am is much more difficult than before. Not to mention, since it gets dark out at 5:00pm now, it’s much harder to get to those three-hour night classes too. With all of this going on, it’s hard to stay motivated to do, and excel, in schoolwork. The “funk” of the semester is setting in place, but I’m here to give you some reminders that can help you while you’re struggling over the mid semester hump:

The sooner you get your work done, the sooner it’s done and over with. Yes, no one wants to do their school work, especially with the holidays around the corner, but remember that as soon as you get it accomplished you can leave it behind you and get ready for fun events.

Speaking of the holidays, Christmas is almost a month away! Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or whatever else you may celebrate is coming up too! Memoires, laughs, gifts, and smiles are all coming your way.

The cold doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Use this time to do something you’ve been meaning to do indoors, but haven’t had the time. Maybe some arts and crafts or redoing your bedroom, whatever it may be, you can make it fun!

Go out and embrace the cold! Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, and all that jazz is about to be some of the best things to look forward to this winter.

Sweater Season is here. We all love our most comfortable oversized sweatshirt and this is the time of year to break it out and show it off to the world. Black Friday is coming up which also means deals for tons of new favorite apparel that you can share and wear all season.

Comfort food is in full force. Pasta, pasta, and more pasta! Mac and cheese, baked ziti, lasagna, you name it! It’s natural that humans put on a couple of pounds in the winter, so why not take advantage of the deliciousness that comes with it.

Regardless of how you’re feeling during this point in the semester always remember that life is short and life is good. The weather can sometimes get people in a funk. Winter doesn’t last forever, just as summer doesn’t, and spring is around the corner. Until then breathe, smile, and take life day by day. You can do this.