Remembering Kobi And Gigi, It's Been A Painful Year

Remembering Kobi and Gigi Bryant and others who died in the helicopter crash a year ago on January 26, 2020.

17

It's been a year since our legend Kobi and his angel Gigi left us along with the Altobello, Chester, Mauser Families. It was on a Sunday morning and they were all on their way to a basketball tournament.

Bryant was a legend who won five championships in 20 NBA seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers. GO LAKERS!!! He was a best-selling author of children's books. He was a wonderful husband to Vanessa and father to Gianna, Bianka who recently turned 4, Capri, and Natalia who just turned 18. Giana "Gigi" was his second oldest daughter who was going towards the same path as her father, a basketball star.

Gigi began playing competitive ball year-round, with her father helping to coach her team. She once stated she "for sure" wanted to play in the WNBA someday. We can all agree she would've been the greatest player to be.

I just want to say, I know how it feels to lose a loved one or loved ones in the same day. It's hard, even if you feel like it doesn't get 100% better, you know they are in a better place and watching over his family.

Kobe once said "Everything negative- pressure, challenges- is all an opportunity for me to rise."