Remembering Corey La Barrie

Remembering Corey La Barrie

Never Under Appreciated

10
Remembering Corey La Barrie

Death is the one thing that we know is ahead of us and yet the thing that is the most senseless and confusing when we are faced with it. A complete paradox,

Loss has always been a hard thing for me to handle no matter if it's been my great grandparents or an actor from my favorite tv show it's just something so unfair and so devastating. I woke up the other day to a text from a friend that simply read "wtf Corey died?!" I knew immediately by the spelling of the name who he was talking about and went to twitter to confirm the devastating news. My first thought automatically went to his close friend's people that I love and that I've watched online for years I cried for them and still have been doing that often. My thoughts then drifted to his family and how devastated they must be to lose someone they love especially so young. And then my thoughts were with my friends, we were all in this youtube community these people while some of them we don't know personally feel like we've kinda grown up together. And now I'm here thinking of everyone praying somehow someone will make sense of something that seems so senseless.

25 is too young. Period. I've never subscribed to the idea that "when it's your time it's your time" 25 is no one's time. This is a loss that is understandably felt hard.

If you are stumbling across this article and didn't know Corey I highly suggest you look him up on YouTube and read some of his friend's posts about him. He was the funniest guy in any room no matter the capacity of said room. He was the guy willing to help his friends anytime. He was the guy who made everyone feel welcome when they first came to LA. That was all very clear to me after reading the hundreds of posts of mourning. No matter how hard you looked you couldn't quite find another person like Corey.

Unexpected deaths are always some of the most challenging. Corey's family is going to face so many expenses with this funeral and so I leave you with this if you have any money to spare here's a link to his families go fund me page every dollar helps https://www.gofundme.com/f/corey-la-barrie-memorial-fund

Fly high Corey you are so loved and missed.