Relieve Stress Fast with These Simple Activities

There are things to do at all times whether it be an assignment, a late-night study session, or something else.

86913
Relieve Stress Fast

The life of a college student is one that is inherently filled with stress. There are things to do at all times whether it be an assignment, a late-night study session, or something else. Coupled with the desire to have a social life and partake in group activities, it is easy to see why college students are stressed.

But, it doesn’t have to be that way. With the right help, college students can chase away the stress and get things done without having the worry that comes with it. Here are a few activities to keep in mind.

1. Go for a Walk

Sometimes all that you need is to take a break from whatever is going on at the moment. Maybe that means taking 10 minutes to go take a stroll so you can get your head cleared and drop some of the stress.

Plus, walking is a form of working out and any physical activity is great as a cathartic stress relief. Even if you are stepping away from a study session, walking for a few minutes can help.

2. Meditate

Meditation is one of the most popular forms of stress relief out there because anyone can do it. It works on breathing techniques to calm the mind and body, helping to wash stress away. Even two minutes can have positive benefits.

Even better, you can meditate no matter where you are. Studying for a test, in the middle of homework, and anywhere else that you feel comfortable having a quick session. It can have hugely positive benefits.

3. Soothing Music

Did you know that music can have a calming effect? Listening to something ambient or that has a slow tempo can be great for calming down. It slows brain wave speed and gives our body the influence needed to relax.

Just make sure that you choose music that has sounds of nature or binaural beats. This helps to reduce the fight-or-flight response in our minds and puts us in a calmed relaxed state. Within 10 minutes, you can feel noticeably more relaxed and substantially less stressed.

4. Stress Ball

If you are feeling particularly tense, to the point that you feel it in your muscles, that means your flight-or-fight response has been triggered. Using a stress ball is a great way to put a focus on the repeated actions of clenching and releasing.

That repeated motion is a great way to release energy, which helps to promote relaxation. There have been studies showing that using a stress ball can help reduce blood pressure, improve focus and creativity, and even promote better sleep. All of which the average college student could use more of.

5. Breathing Exercises

Something as simple as deep breathing can be a great way to lower stress levels in the body. It does so by increasing the delivery of oxygen directly to the brain. It also activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which lowers heart rate and helps the body to relax and calm down.

Even better, you can work on your breathing from anywhere. It doesn’t even require getting up from where you are sitting. Working on deep breathing can provide a quick relief and help you focus on the task at hand without the tenseness and aggravation that can become all too common for college students.