Relax and Read These

Relax and Read These

If you are looking for a quality novel for cool summer evenings or hot days by the pool, I have you covered.

6
Relax and Read These
Ricka Sibert

One of the best parts of summer is reading for leisure. I have a personal goal of reading twenty-five books this summer. So far, I have read eighteen. Of these I have chosen a few to suggest to you all! So sit back, relax, and pick up a great book!

1.) To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (355 pages)

This novel goes through the pain of being a teenager when private letters are released. Lara Jean is sent on a wild adventure that involves high school love and a serious scandal as she goes out of her way to try to protect herself. I'm personally not a huge romance novel fan, but I read this in one day. If you enjoy this novel. I would definitely suggest checking out the sequel, P.S. I Still Love You.

2.) One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva (255 pages)

I would consider this an instant classic of a teen discovering himself. Alek struggles to please his overly-strict and overly-judgmental parents, while still trying to make himself happy. This book had me on the edge of my seat feeling the emotions right along with the characters.

3.) My Kind of Crazy by Robin Reul (317 pages)

Sometimes the best friendships can come from the most unfortunate events. Follow around a boy that is befriended by a pyromaniac after a failed "promposal" attempt.

4.) Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz (357 pages)

This book actually made me afraid to sit in my own house alone, which is one of the best qualities in a book, if you ask me. (Also, Laurie Faria Stolarz is one of my favorite authors. Everyone should also check out her Deadly Touch series!) A group of kids who all have their own fears travel to a house that promises to help them be released of their fears, but this might not be the only thing they are released of. The sequel to this novel is just as chilling as the first and is called Return to the Dark House.

5.) The Cellar by Natasha Preston (347 pages)

This is another novel that absolutely terrified me. This novel brings the fear of being kidnapped to a whole other level and keeps it alive by giving a detailed description of the horrors that four girls must go through while trapped in a man's cellar.

6.) Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley (249 pages)

This extremely emotional novel takes you inside agoraphobia by telling the story of Solomon, a teen who has not left the house in over three years. Solomon is befriended by Lisa, who is determined to "help" him. Lisa helping Solomon could help her get into her dream school, but will this work out for everyone?

7.) Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (303 pages)

This may sound like a very cliche book where the gay teen is blackmailed by his secret, but it is much, much more than that. I loved watching various friendships and conflicts unfold in this story. I truly felt like I could have known the characters in this book.