Let go of a unhealthy partner, who isn't willing to change

5 Reasons To Leave Your Boyfriend

Don't work with a person who refuses to work with you.

14
https://www.pexels.com/photo/relationship-failure-problem-sad-39483/

I dated my ex-boyfriend for six months now. He displayed five undesirable traits I shouldn't have ignored to begin with, but I did. Here are the five reasons I left him, and why you should leave your boyfriends too if they display the same characteristics.

1. He never listens.

c1.staticflickr.com

My boyfriend never listened to me when I was having a mental breakdown. Everyone has a problem in their life that gets too big to handle on their own; this is why we need a significant other(or a friend) to help console us. If he doesn't want to be with you when you're crying, he shouldn't be with you to see you smiling.

2. No means no.

It's hard to ignore the sexual aspects of relationships, especially in our society where sex is always trending. However, this doesn't mean you lose your right to your own body. My boyfriend kept touching me in inappropriate places when I wasn't in the mood for it. I thought I owed him sex, because we were dating. Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you have to put out.

3. We're not sex friends.

upload.wikimedia.org

In majority of relationships, sexual conduct is a vital part. It's a special and dear way to connect with your partner and show them how much you love them. However, it shouldn't be the main part of the relationship. My ex-boyfriend would "love me" and sleep. I felt our bodies connect, but not our hearts. I'm your girlfriend, and I want authentic love and attention.

4. It's Impossible to love a person who only loves themselves.

My ex-boyfriend was a narcissist; he only talked about himself. When I tried to share personal stories of childhood pains, he would somehow contort the conversation to his own bullied childhood. A relationship is a two-way street; that means "I listen to you, and you listen to me."

5. It’s not all his fault.

https://pixabay.com/en/divorce-separation-spreading-leave-2254714/

This piece was suppose to reveal all his terrible qualities, and why you should leave your boyfriends too. However, I've come to realize, the break up wasn't all his fault to. He's only human, and of course, he would I have flaws. I hold responsibility to address my problems with him. I did not correctly communicate my feelings with him. I'm sure if I did tell him how I feel, he would've listen and tried to change for the better, because he's a sweet person with the biggest heart. If you communicated your problems to your partner, and he still doesn't listen, then leave him. You're filled with too much valuable love to waste on a person who refuses to change for the betterment of your relationship.