Reflections On This Semester

Reflections On This Semester

It's been a crazy ride.

63
Reflections On This Semester
Lilly Pittman

This semester has been a crazy one for me.

The first week, I decided to drop Biblical Greek and take a class on Deuteronomy instead. It turned out to be a great decision. Deuteronomy has been one of my favorite classes thus far.

Not quite half-way into the semester, my roommate left campus—permanently. While she left for the right reasons, it was still hard.

I gained a wonderful spiritual mentor—Rusty.

I got caught up in the stress of school and fell apart, both mentally and physically. After a few days at home, I've been able to come back and am finishing strong.

I've made a lot of changes. I'm learning to care for myself physically, mentally and spiritually and have begun incorporating daily practices to invite these things into my life.

I've learned that trusting God is really hard, but absolutely necessary for life and wholeness. I still have a long way to go.

I learned that I am loved and supported by my family, my friends, my professors and other professionals on campus.

I am not alone. No one is perfect and no one expects me to be.

All in all, this has been a good semester. I've grown in so many ways, because of the challenges. I'm going to miss George Fox over the summer.