11 Recipes To Get You Through College That Won't Break The Bank

A delicious list of budget-friendly meals.

187

After starting college and living on my own for a few years, I have had to learn how to cook. I've always had a knack for cooking, it just took living on my own to be obsessed with it. Since I'm going to school, I don't have a bunch of money to blow on nightly dinners. I have compiled a list of recipes that I absolutely love, that are cheap and have gotten me through school.

1. Buffalo ranch chicken pasta

This is my favorite recipe out of all of them. I stumbled upon this recipe a few years ago while surfing through Facebook. I make this recipe once every few weeks and it is my go-to for homemade recipes. There aren't even that many ingredients either.

2. Sausage and cream cheese dip

This is a staple in my house. Grab a bag of chips and some sausage and cream cheese dip and you're set. It's creamy and delicious, and with the spicy sausage, adds a tremendous flavor. There are literally only three ingredients, so go pick them up now for this amazing recipe.

3. Turkey burgers

I love myself a good burger, but there is something about turkey that enhances a burger's flavor. It's very lean and is a better alternative to ground beef. Season the turkey with whatever you like, and toss it on the grill/stove. This meal is super cheap and simple, all you really need is turkey and buns! Trust me, make these turkey burgers with some mashed potatoes, you won't regret it

4. Buffalo chicken dip

Buffalo chicken dip is a nationwide favorite. It's flavorful and spicy, and is perfect for all occasions. Again, very few ingredients, so this recipe doesn't break the bank.

5. Pasta carbonara

This recipe is super simple, and extra delicious. Bacon mixed with eggs in pasta is a combination that I never would have thought of, but I'm glad I found. It's filling and cheap so stock up!

6. Baked lemon chicken

This recipe is basically lemon and chicken. Its soft and juicy and goes great with oven roasted potatoes. I promise you, you won't regret making this meal. It's a very reliable meal

7. Chicken parmesan 

Chicken parmesan is amazing! It gives you a true Italian feel, and goes great with pasta. This recipe is filling and tasty so make sure to cook this ASAP.

8. Homemade pizza

Head to your local grocery store and pick up pre-made pizza dough, sauce, and whatever toppings you like! It's cheaper than buying a pizza and is really fun to make with your loved one.

9. Baked potato casserole

This recipe is so amazing. It's cheap to make and great to taste! It's all you could ever dream for as a college student, and it might be your next favorite meal

10.  Crockpot mac n cheese

Every young person loves mac n cheese. Kraft is great and all, but it's better to make it yourself. This gooey, delicious recipe will surely have you feeling great during and after.

This budget-friendly list will be a lifesaver for people first living on their own at school. They are easy to make and really cheap. I use these recipes all the time, and so should you.