Although Adele is the world’s most coveted and renowned artist today, her timeless voice and painstakingly relatable lyrics are not what make her so popular. Rather, it is her personality off the stage that has everybody falling head over heels. Her constant, unashamed use of vulgar language, her blatant and often hilarious honesty, as well as her comfort in her own skin make Adele one of the coolest, most relatable celebrities of our time. Despite breaking countless records and single-handedly dominating the music industry, Adele still somehow manages to come across as a wholesome person untainted by her boundless success. Her separation from the all-too-familiar superstar image that constantly revolves around sexualizing and objectifying women is refreshing. It is Adele’s hilariously infectious persona both on and off the stage that makes everyone want to be friends with her. Here are just a few reasons why we all wish Adele was our best friend.
1. You guys would have the best car rides together as you sing (and rap) your hearts out to each other
Watch Adele as she slays Nicki Minaj's part in "Monster" here.
2. Adele would be the best person to go to the gym with because she would cry along with you as you both complain about how much you hate working out
3. Even when times are tough and things don't always go as planned, Adele never fails to find a way to see the bright side of every situation
4. She shares your unhealthy obsession for Beyonce #Flawless
"I’m such a fan, oh my God....Obviously, Queen Bey to the day I die.” Obviously.
5. Since Adele is also friends with J-Law and Emma Stone, the four of you would be epic #SquadGoals
Can I please get in on this group??
6. Adele isn't afraid to put herself out there and poke fun at herself
Watch Adele fool everyone as she impersonates herself here.
7. In fact, Adele has proven to be the ultimate prankster in that she will actually eat wheatgrass at a Jamba Juice store just for a good laugh
Watch this hilarious prank here.