Your Relationship With God Is Important And Here's Why

It is your choice to have a relationship with him.

1640

There are all kinds of relationships and there are all kinds of friendships.

You have your girls, you have your guys, you have your boyfriend/girlfriend and you have your family. All of these relationships are important. BUT we are forgetting the most important one of all.

Your relationship with God.

Sometimes, I personally, forget how important my relationship with God is. Life gets in the way with school, work, family, friends, you name it. Then I start to realize my faith is slipping away and I'm thinking to myself:

"What am I doing? Why am I furthering myself from God? Why am I letting all these distractions in life get in between our relationship?"

I knew I needed to pray, so I opened up my Bible and started talking to my best friend again.

It is very important to have a relationship with our God and here is why:

1. He is always there to listen

And, let me tell you, he really does listen. He cares so much about you.

2. His love for you is unconditional

Even if you can't love yourself, God's love for you will last forever.

3. You are put on this earth because of him

You are a child of God. He has amazing plans for you.

4. God helps you with your personal problems/feelings

Whatever you are feeling, give it to God. Give it to God to take care of. Why carry burden around or continue feeling horrible? Why constantly think you aren't enough? God doesn't want you to EVER feel that way. He NEEDS you to never worry and to never be afraid. Isaiah 41:10 says:

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

5. He will never leave your side

As stated in the verse above, GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU. He will always be by your side in life! God is the only person out of this whole world that you can fully trust. The only person you know with your whole heart that will never leave you. He will never let you be alone.

Even when life gets tough and your loved ones have done you wrong or someone you love has passed away suddenly, and you find yourself to be so angry, please, please, never be angry with God. I know some of us have had these thoughts when we have lost a loved one.

"Why would God do this to me? What did I do to have this much pain? Why were they taken away from me?"

God took your loved one away because he needed them more than you did. He needed them in Heaven glorifying his name. Your loved one has accomplished everything that God needed them to do in life. You have to remind yourself that you can't be angry that they are gone but TO BE HAPPY and full of joy that they are with our Lord and Savior!

6. Wherever God guides you, he WILL provide

God has a path for you, a journey planned. If you let him guide you to the places you need to be, to the people you need to meet, he will provide everything that you need. God works in mysterious but wonderful and miraculous ways.

7. He will ALWAYS love you no matter what, even if you sin

Of course, everyone has sinned. God will love us no matter what sin we make. He knows our hearts more than we know them ourselves.

8. He has loved you before you were even born

How crazy is that God knew who you were going to be and become BEFORE you were even born?!

9. God sent his AMAZING son down to earth to sacrifice himself to DIE FOR YOUR SINS

He loves us that much. He loves us that much he was nailed to the cross and died for us. Why WOULDN'T WE LOVE HIM?!? God and his son, Jesus, are so good to us. So unbelievably good!!

10. Just simply because it is SO important to have a relationship with God.

I could go on and on why your relationship with God is so important but we already know how important it is.