6 Reasons Why You Should Love The Rain

6 Reasons Why You Should Love The Rain

It's the little things in life.
52

In my opinion, rain is the most underrated weather that there is. People frequently say, "oh I hate the rain," when it's brought up in conversation but just taking a quick step back to look at the good qualities that rain has can really help change someone's perspective. There are such positives concepts that are attributed to rain, and although storms can be destructive or dangerous sometimes that's not exactly the type of rain I'm talking about. You know, the kind of rain that you see on the forecast when the sky is really grey and you have nothing really planned for the day so you spend it inside doing things you may not have done if it wasn't raining. I mean, do you really hate rain? Or do you just hate getting wet? There's a difference.

1. Rain symbolizes life.

We literally need it to live, if that's not a good reason to love rain then i'm not quite sure what is.

2. It's soothing.

Whether or not you like storms is a different question, but I'm talking about the soft pitter patter of rain on the roof- that's the best. Don't try to tell me it's not.

3. The smell after.

There's something fresh and cleansing about the smell of the air after it rains.

4. Kissing in it.

Kissing in any other weather does not compare to kissing in the rain. Ask Nicholas Sparks.

5. Jumping in puddles.

Throw on some rain boots and get to work- nothing describes childhood more than jumping in a few puddles.

6. Sleeping during it.

Rain is the most comforting and repetitive sound while you're sleeping. There is nothing quite like it and if you're someone that has trouble falling asleep at night, if you download a soundtrack of rain or natural noises on your phone and listen to it, that really can help.