10 Reasons Why I Vote

10 Reasons Why I Vote

(And you should, too!)

1450
10 Reasons Why I Vote
Emily Wood

On November 7, I had the long-awaited opportunity to vote for the very first time. For years I looked forward to having the chance to finally take part in the democratic process and I hope to never miss an election from this day forward.

As a citizen of the United States of America, I view voting as one of the greatest ways to exercise our freedom and partake in the liberties bought by the sacrifice of many. As the citizens bustled to and from the polls while I waited, I watched freedom in motion. Read below for the top 10 reasons why I vote:

1. I vote because it is a privilege.

Millions across the world would love to have the opportunity to have the chance to select their leaders and representatives. As I stood in line, I thanked God for this wonderful privilege and honor that we have as Americans.

2. I vote because I respect our veterans.

Throughout our nation's history, countless men and women lost their lives for freedoms such as this. Honor their legacy by taking part in the rights for which they fought.

3. I vote because I want my voice heard.

We have no right to complain about the nation's state of affairs if we did not cast a vote in the first place.

4. I vote because I love America.

Because I love America, I want to see her prosper.

5. I vote because I believe America has great days ahead.

Vote towards America's bright future.

6. I vote because I want to secure the America I love for generations to come.

I desire to pass an even greater America down to my children.

7. I vote because it is my Christian duty.

I vote for the candidates who will most reflect my Christian values, uphold the sanctity of life, and "seek justice and defend the oppressed..." (Isaiah 1:17).

8. I vote because it is my civic duty.

As a citizen of the United States, I view it as my responsibility to vote for the sake of the present and the future.

9. I vote because of the example my parents set.

My brother and I would wait in line on election days as my mom cast her vote. My family taught me from a young age the importance of voting and I intend to implement what I learned.

10. I vote because it matters!

My vote counts and yours does, too. We can truly make a difference.

Cast your vote and partake in the liberty afforded to us by the sacrifice of many. Take part in your next election and let freedom ring throughout the polls, from sea to shining sea!