Reasons Why The Beach Is My Happy Place

Reasons Why The Beach Is My Happy Place

The Beach Is my Happy Place
437

Toes in the water. The sun beaming on your skin. The smell of salt in the air. The beach! When I think of the beach I am suddenly overwhelmed with happiness. The sound of the waves crashing is oh so relaxing to me. As if it is music to my ears. All I know is when I am at the beach the majority of my problems simply disappear. Here are just 6 of the million reasons why the beach is my happy place!

1. I am not at work

Yes, I love my job. I love my kids at work. However, I love the beach! Just having a sit down moment on a beach chair with the wind blowing my hair, I am happy to escape my normal. We all can use a little time off and have some time to enjoy life. Why not do that at the beach?

2. Spending time with my family and friends

Normally when I go to the beach I have someone around me wither it is family or friends. Having that time to spend with the ones you love at a place you love is well... pure happiness! Going swimming in the ocean or soaking up some rays doing it with others is always better.

3. The ice cream always tastes better

For some reason, when I go to the beach I get this craving for some ice cream. To me the ice cream at the beach always tastes better. I guess the warm beach air mixed with the cool tasty ice cream makes it taste better. You have so many choices too! Soft serve, snow cones, shaved ice, hand scooped... the list goes on and on!

4. The sun makes me smile

Normally, when I am outside in the sun at home I feel miserable. I feel hot and sweaty and just want to go inside. But for some reason, when I go to the beach I feel like I cannot get enough of the sun. Yes, I have to apply a ton of sun screen but it's totally worth it!

5. The water is relaxing

As soon as I pull up to the parking at the beach I can hear the waves come crashing in. The sound of the waves alone just makes me feel like all my problems have been evaporated and sucked away. When I get in the water I love the feeling the the smooth sand between my toes and the water crashing against me.

6. There is something about a beach house

I do not know what it is but there is something different about a beach house and a regular house. When I am in the beach house I feel so at home. I can sleep easier and even breathe easier! I never want to leave when I am there!

Going to the beach is by far one of my favorite things to do. I feel like all my problems have been taken away from me and I have been filler with happiness. From the sun to the sand everything about the beach makes me happy. I cannot wait to plan my next beach trip.