Reasons Why Having A Dog Is The Best Thing In The World

They're much better than people.

8
Sydney Davis

Recently my dog has been so naughty to the point where I think that I'm going to go crazy. She has been chewing up things that she knows she shouldn't be chewing, my mattress being her most recent victim. She's been irritating me beyond belief that I'm forgetting to appreciate her. I'm forgetting to give her the love that she deserves. The only thing that I want for her is to be happy, and know that she is loved more than words can express. I decided to write an appreciation post dedicated to my naughty little puppy-child. While she can get on my last nerve, having her in my life is better than anything else in the world. Here are a few reasons why:

1) I always get greeted when I come home.

She is always there to say hello after a long day at school or a crappy shift at work. She doesn't care what I look like, or what mood I'm in, she's always so happy to see me.

2) I always have someone to talk to.

No, she can't talk back, but she is a really good listener. I can tell her anything, and trust me, I do tell her everything. She doesn't judge me. She doesn't look at me like I'm weird or a bad person. She always looks at me with such loving eyes.

3) I never question if I'm loved.

She loves me unconditionally. I never have to question if she loves me. The way that she looks up at me and wags her tail tells me everyday that this little creature depends on me. She just wants to make me happy and love me forever.

4) She is my forever cuddle buddy.

The winter months are approaching and I don't have to worry about sleeping alone. She's the perfect little spoon. Yes, I do spoon with my dog. Sometimes I get irritated when she takes up over half of the bed, but when I look at how cute she looks when she's sleeping, I get over it.

5) I have learned how to love unconditionally.

Like I said before, she has been absolutely rotten lately. As much as I want to be mad at her, I can't stay mad at her. Even when she knows I'm mad, she still just wants to love me. She looks at me and wags her tail, and she rests her head on my lap. I have so much love for her that even when she chews a hole in my mattress and I have to buy another set of $45 sheets, I can't stay mad at her. I look at her face and I remember that she is the biggest blessing that I have in my life. I couldn't imagine a world without her, and I couldn't imagine a world where I don't love her.

Having a dog can be so stressful, but once that little fur baby looks up at you with their sweet, innocent eyes, you can't help but to love them.