6 Reasons To Limit Your Technology Use In 2019

6 Reasons To Limit Your Technology Use in 2019

Trust me, there's more reasons than just "because mom said so."

400

As a kid born into an era of technology, I find myself scrolling much more than I should. I know there are better things I could . be doing with my time, but it is just so tempting to pick up my phone instead of getting work done or working out. One of my resolutions for 2019 is to limit how much I use my technology, and this article explains why.

1. It prevents you from face-to-face communication

Technology is a great way to stay in touch with friends who are far away, but it also distracts you from living in the moment. Instead of being glued to your phone and ignoring the people around you, save the texting for when you aren't around others.

2. It negatively affects your self-esteem

Seeing everyone's perfect lives on social media can make you feel pretty bad about yourself. People on Instagram are constantly making themselves look tanner, taller, and skinnier- giving you impossible expectations to live up to. Instead, you might as well just put the phone down all together.

3. It affects your physical health

Staring at a screen for extended periods of time is bad for your eyes, staying hunched over affects your back and neck, and using those thumbs to text too much can cause cramping. It also prevents you from going to the gym and doing physical activity.

4. It's expensive

Everything about technology is expensive- buying new devices, paying for data, and having to fix things when they break. The less time spent on your devices, the less they will end up costing you!

5. It distracts you from being productive

Getting things done is difficult to do when you have a million distractions at your fingertips. Shut down the technology and focus on what you have to get done and you'll be so much more productive!

6. Because your mom said so

Yeah, at the end of the day, mom is always right. Our parents grew up without technology just fine, and you can do the same.