49 Reasons Grand Canyon University Is So Great

There Are So Many Reasons To Love GCU, But Here Are Just 49 Reasons

From exciting basketball games, a great Christian community, and TWO Chick-fil-A's, there's a lot to love.

280

If you were to ask me what the greatest university in the whole world is, I would tell you wholeheartedly that the greatest university in the world is none other than Grand Canyon University. Since I started attending GCU two years ago, I have come to consider it my second home, and some of my happiest memories have come from being at school here. Over the years, I've found so many reasons to love this great school. Here are just forty-nine (but trust me, there are so many more), as told by myself and many of my classmates!

1. "You learn very creative ways to park."

2. "Basketball games. Just, period."

3. "As an online student, I feel like I belong when I do go to campus."

4. "There's either free pizza or t-shirts at almost every event, sometimes both!"

It's the way to every college student's heart.

5. "They sell cute baby outfits so your baby can be a lope for life. Same with dogs."

6. "The Gathering has some of the greatest worship nights I have ever experienced."

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-1-netflix-stranger-things-3o6Ztf6n7TSvCzXz0s

This is actually me and my friends after the super emotional worship nights.

7. "After two years of Change.org petitions, they're finally building a Taco Bell."

8. "Everyone, including professors, is willing to pray with you."

9. "All the walking helps you avoid the freshman 15."

10. "But the junk food still gives you your fill."

11. "The Honors College offers Europe trips to students every summer."

12. "GCU has the best Odyssey community."

13. "The prayer chapel is comforting."

14. "Welcome Week is pretty lit."

15. "You have a lot of time to study because of the fire alarms always going off at odd hours."

16. "There's a recording studio on campus that's free for students to use."

17. "Purple"

18. "Two words: Midnight Breakfast"

19. "The food is better than other colleges' dining halls."

20. "The Bible counts as a resource."

21. "Great location for hikers. Go 20 minutes in any direction and you get to a good trail."

22. "You avoid MOST of the heat because AC is everywhere."

23. "The flowers all over campus are great backgrounds for grad photos."

24. "Chick-fil-A is on campus."

25. "They have free counseling services for students!"

26. "Thunder is basically the president of the US."

27. "Brian Mueller and Tim Griffin are the greatest."

28. "You will have lots to do in the summer because of weddings because everyone is getting engaged in the spring."

Gotta get that ring by spring!

29. "Online students don't have to fly out or drive out to campus all the time."

30. "Everyone carries their Bible in their backpack."

31. "Cute, Jesus-loving boys."

32. "Everyone is so nice, every time you're on an elevator, people are all, 'Have a nice day'."

33. "Chapel isn't required so the people who attend actually want to be there to worship Jesus."

34. "How much people love GCU, there is so much school spirit."

35. "You can use Jesus as an example in class discussions."

36."Everyone has such a good time and is so much fun."

37. "People are usually polite about holding the door."

38. "It's in a really good location in Arizona because a lot of really cool things are only a short drive away."

39. "8 week classes are the best! No stressing over 4 finals at a time!"

40. "There's at least two Life Groups on every floor in the dorms."

41. "You learn the security guards really well so you know what you can and can't get away with."

42. "There are a lot of clubs, so it's super easy to get involved on campus."

43. "Zoyo gives you half-priced Froyo on Wednesday nights if you come in your PJs."

44. "Not only is there one Chick-fil-A, they are opening another one!!"

We just really love Chick-fil-A, okay?

45. "The Lopes Shop has a bunch of adorable GCU merch!"

46. "GCU's football team has been undefeated since 1949."

47. "There are always movie nights happening somewhere."

48. "Basically everyone on campus is well-versed in The Office trivia."

49. "Top reason to love GCU is that it's not ASU."