5 Reasons Why You Should Go To A Music Festival

Some food for thought of why you should be open-minded and try something you might not think to do.

556
Nicole Chtchekine

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am quit the fan of music festivals, in particular EDM festivals. Those who have never been to an EDM festival often mess around with me and joke about me attending festivals. Yes, I have gotten plenty of nicknames because of it along with my crazy last name, but people who have been to festivals understand why they are such a good time. I always ask people after their first concert to see how they liked it and everyone says they loved it and can't wait to go to more. Don't be so quick to judge people or what they do until you have actually experienced it first hand. I am going to tell you some reasons why some of the best nights of my life were at music festivals.

1. The music obvi.

While most people think EDM is just the music they play on the radio, there are some many genres of EDM you couldn't even imagine. From dubstep to trance to tropical house, the list goes on. Music festivals are a great way for you to get a little taste of all the different types of EDM out there. Along with the music being amazing, it is also awesome when you hear a DJ you have never heard before and realize how amazing they are. I recently went to the concert Mad Decent and not many had shown up to the concert yet, but this DJ came on that we never heard of. In the middle of his set we all just looked at each other thinking, wow this guy is actually amazing. Obviously after that I had to go follow Big Wild on SoundCloud so I could hear more.

2. Dancing till your feet just can't anymore.

Who doesn't love to dance? The best part about festivals is that no one is going to judge what dance moves you bring to the table. Dancing is a great way to express your self and lets you let lose after a hard week of work or classes.

3. Meeting new people.

One of my favorite things, besides the other four reasons I go to music festivals and concerts, is all of the cool people I have met. As they say, music really does bring people together. There are so many quirky people at festivals that I might have never talked to, but at festivals everyone is happy and all loving music that's playing in front of you. There is nothing better then having a great crowd at a festival.

4. Allows one to express themselves.

You can act, dress, and do whatever makes you happy. No one is at a festival to judge anyone because everyone just wants to have a good time. I have seem some of the craziest things at concerts, but honestly, that's what makes them so fun.

5. Gives you a new outlook.

Growing up in a suburban town in Long Island I hadn't been exposed to much diversity. I was so quick to judge others until I met so many great people who weren't exactly like me, teaching me not to judge someone on their appearance, but rather what they have to say or are passionate about.

Overall, people need to become more open minded in life because you never know what you might or might not like.