Don't Be Afraid To Accessorize — It Can Be Your New Best Friend

Just a few extra moments of attention to detail can truly elevate your look.

rtufaro
rtufaro
157

Your alarm just went off, you put it on snooze one too many times, and now you are going to be late. You throw on the nearest T-shirt and jeans you can find in your room and you are out the door. This look is simple, easy, fast but it would be more personalized and charming if there were a few accessories added to the look. To accessorize means to add to the overall output and to add a little spice where there is dullness.

I believe it is important to always accessorize and one can do this by wearing statement jewelry daily. It is necessary to have your own take on an outfit by wearing jewelry that tells a story, is interesting to look at, and overall makes you different from everyone else.

The first step in accomplishing everyday jewelry is by wearing rings. Rings are always visible as your hands set the stage for you. It is important however to not overdo it, each ring should be cohesive with one another and each finger should have its own flare. I personally wear 6 rings, 3 on each hand and they are a mixture of gold with silver tones. Even if your nails aren't polished, wearing rings still makes you look put together and looks as though you put effort into a look even though you wear them every day.

Belts are the second most important accessory. Yes, they serve a functional purpose but I think it is important to wear a belt that extenuates the outfit you are wearing. Black is easy to start with but when you feel more comfortable I think a colorful belt or a chain belt really can uplift a look.

Necklaces and earrings are the third most important accessories and I think they go together because if you are wearing a statement earring then the necklace you wear should not be also a statement piece. It is important to have balance with your accessories and understand that less is more but also more is more. Accessorizing truly depends on your personal style and the look you are going for. For everyday necklaces and earrings, it is important to invest in real materials that are simple can go with everything. For instance, I wear three thin gold chains every day and I have my ears pierced and I wear small earrings in my lobes and I have my cartilages pierced.

Overall, accessorizing isn't going to make or break your outfit but I think it is important to have jewelry and pieces that elevate your outfit into a personalized and look as though you went the extra step. Another easy way to do this is with your phone case, having a phone case that has a detailed print or is a fun color is another easy no thought way to accessorize.

My favorite companies to get fashionable phone cases are wildflower and casely. In the end, it is important to invest in the accessories that you wear daily as these pieces become a part of you.