Pugs. They're kind of a polarizing breed: you either love them or you hate them. Those of us who adore the breed know they are truly one-of-a-kind.
It's always important to do your research to find the best breed for you, but are here 20 reasons why pugs are beloved by so many people around the world.
1. They are so full of love
This guy is living the dream.
2. They're stubborn and sassy
So much sass in a tiny body.
3. Pugs are playful
I'm gonna get you!
4. Pugs are loyal to their family
You have each other's back.
5. They don't mind you being in their personal space
remember to give those face wrinkles some TLC!
Head scratches are always welcome!
6. They are so laidback
no animal cruelty occurred in the making of this GIF.
7. They have the best puppy dog eyes
They're the reason the phrase 'puppy dog eyes' was created.
8. Their curly tails are super wiggly
this is 100% my reaction
I love seeing a happy, tail-wagging pug.
9. They usually get along with other dogs just fine
English bulldog and pug
10. ... and cats
Usually the cat is the dominant one in the relationship.
11. ... and kids
12. ....even babies!
so much cuteness
Just make sure to always supervise both parties.
13. They can be your snuggle buddy on a lazy day
14. They can also be athletic
Brandy hangs 10
Go follow Brandy the Pug on Instagram, now.
15. Though sometimes you might need to carry them back after a walk
16. They are the OG masters of the head tilt
17. They're in a bunch of different movies because they are so versatile
Men in Black, Milo & Otis, and Kingsman; to name a few.