5 Reasons The Smallest Hometowns Are The Best Hometowns

There truly is no place like home.

337
Flickr

There is no place like home, right? Right.

And there is especially no place like my home. I am from a sweet, small, and southern town in Mississippi, and I couldn't be more proud to say that I was rooted in such a small, beautiful town. Ole Brook, as it is commonly called, is a community where there is an abundance of support, pride, and, of course, sweet tea. There are so many reasons I love my small town, but here are the best 5.

1. Everybody knows everybody

You walk into the grocery store for a quick trip, but no quick trip is ever too swift when you live in a town where everybody knows you. You're liable to run into your dad's high school football coach and your grandmother's best friend who will both want to talk for twenty minutes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Your old teachers keep up with you

In a small town, your kindergarten teacher may see you walking downtown and not only remember who you are but can tell you numerous stories about yourself from when you were in their class- embarrassing as they may be.

3. It is full of pride.

It is not uncommon for people in my town to be a fourth or fifth generation resident, and boy, are they proud of it. It is chocked full of individuals swelling with pride of how great our little slice of Mississippi is and that itself is what makes Brookhaven so great.

4. It always comes together in desperate times.

Whenever trials or tribulations come, my town bands together and shows love, support, and generosity to whoever needs it, no matter what. Because of this alone, small hometowns are true treasures

5. It always feels like home.

No matter how long you've been gone, Brookhaven always finds a way to still feel like home. There is just something about knowing that you can always count on the people in your town to welcome you back with love and open arms.