Reasons I'm Convinced I Found The One

Reasons I'm Convinced I Found The One

True love only comes once in a lifetime.

50
Reasons I'm Convinced I Found The One
Pixabay on Pexels

I've only been with my boyfriend, who I first befriended in 2017, for a few months, but I have a feeling that he's the one. It sounds silly, but the heart is rarely wrong.

He knows my personality down to my quirks.

As mentioned, we started out as friends in 2017 during my freshman year of college. In those three years, we've gotten to know each other, and he's gotten to know that I care about my family and that I'm passionate about my course in life. He doesn't judge when I make goofy, occasionally NSFW remarks, and he says that my laugh is his favorite thing about me.

He has always been there for me.

Aside from my family, my boyfriend, who was still a close friend at the time, was the first person I told about my devastating breakup. He never took advantage of my emotional vulnerability, and he checked in on me regularly. His first date proposal relieved a lot of emotional burdens that I had because he assured me I was still worthy of love. Even now, he never gets impatient when I'm upset, and he always does his best to make me feel better.

He loves to make me laugh.

One of my boyfriend's favorite things to do is make me laugh loud and long. Usually, we watch funny YouTube videos together, or we will make jokes with each other. One of our favorite inside jokes came from a poorly-timed post-sushi kiss. We make this joke when we kiss after eating almost every kind of food, and it has become a defining component of our relationship.

He is supportive of my goals.

After I earn my writing degree, I want to work as a copywriter and editor, become certified in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), write books, and go to grad school to teach English to international college students. My boyfriend is completely on board with my dreams as I support his ambitions to become an archeologist. On the other hand, my ex-boyfriend demeaned my choice of study and my intellect, and he even attempted to force me to transfer schools to be closer to him. Finding someone who was unconditionally supportive was nothing short of a breath of fresh air.

Our conversations are engaging, and we learn new things about each other.

My boyfriend initially majored in paleontology, but he is currently a double major in anthropology and history. I originally wanted to study music before an illness made me switch to writing. As a result, our conversations discuss many areas of arts and sciences. Along with teaching each other new things about our academic interests, we also learn about each other's cultures. I come from a primarily Polish/Irish Catholic upbringing, while my boyfriend has a Bengali Hindu background. As a result, the discussions from two vastly different cultures enriches both of us.