9 Reasons Halloween Is the Best Holiday Ever

7. Halloween parties AKA the Trifecta: costumes, candy, and friends.
34

Halloween is right around the corner and I could not be more excited! What is there not to love about Halloween? I mean really, try to think of something. See. You can't. That's because Halloween is seriously the best holiday ever.

1. Free candy, duh.

A broke college student's favorite thing: free food.

2. Halloween candy every meal for a month!

Resee's for breakfast, Milky Ways for lunch, and Skittles for dinner.

3. Costumes!

It's the one night a year when it's socially acceptable to be someone you're not.

4. Pumpkin everything.

Pumpkin carvings. Pumpkin patches. Pumpkin candles. Pumpkin decorations. Pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin spice & everything nice.

5. Halloween movies.

You're a filthy liar if you say you don't rewatch Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus, and the Nightmare Before Christmas.

6. You don't have to buy any presents.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and I love giving presents. But when you're a broke college student, saving money on presents while still getting to celebrate with your friends is probably one of the best things ever.

7. Halloween parties.

AKA the Trifecta: costumes, candy, and friends.

8. It's the only time of year you actually WANT to be scared.

Whether you subject yourself to Haunted Houses or scary movies, it's the one time a year you're mentally prepared to be terrified.

9. You get to feel like a kid again.

Growing up sucks. But, on Halloween, you get to take a break from adulthood & relive your childhood, and be a kid for one night a year.