Reasons To Attend EDC: Las Vegas

Reasons To Attend EDC: Las Vegas

The electric sky is waiting.

445
Melissa Ung

I attended EDC Las Vegas for the first time in the summer of 2014. And it was an experience I will never forget.

EDC stands for Electric Daisy Carnival. It is an EDM (electric dance music) festival for ages 18 and over that is held for three days from sunset to sunrise. People from all around the world come to visit Vegas for this experience. There are various stages around the motorway where you can see different artists. There are little art carts around that also have smaller artists playing. In different spots of the motorway, there are scattered carnival rides. People are dancing everywhere, just enjoying themselves and having a good time with people around them.

EDC has to be experienced in order to know what it feels like to be there and what exactly happens there. It is not an experience that can be explained through words.

I highly encourage those who haven’t been to EDC to try to go once in their lives. It’s a place like no other. The positive vibes and people who circle in that one environment made me think of how you should be happy about life and want to spread positivity wherever I go.

Twenty-three-year-old Joss Alfonso has attended EDC two times and already with plans to go again next year.

"EDC is a place of no judgment. It's where I can go once a year for three days to escape reality for just a bit, and I am able to just get lost in the music. The PLUR (peace, love, unity, respect) is so alive out there and is in a much bigger spectrum than a small concert. You can just be you at EDC. It's an adventure to be accomplished whether alone or with friends," he says.

Patricia Eustaquio is 20 years old and has attended EDC two times. She had not planned to go back for different reasons, but she realized that it was an event she has to attend again.

"The experience is what everyone tells people should be their reason to go to EDC, and they're right. It's something that has to be experienced in order to be talked about. The music is appreciated by people there, and you get so immersed in it. Living the moment with friends makes the experience that much better."

Cecy Cervantes is 19 years old. She got to experience EDC for the first time this past summer (2015), and it was an experience like no other.

"EDC is a great excuse to visit friends and to be down in Vegas with your friends. It gives you a chance to be creative and create costumes and outfits to your own liking. There are so many great EDM DJs in one place. You get to meet people from all around the world. You're surrounded by over 100,000 people who are just there to enjoy themselves. EDC is just an amazing experience as a whole," says Cecy.

Ruben Ramos is a 21-year-old and has attended EDC twice so far.

"The first four steps before and the last four steps after the festival always make you want to relive every moment. Going to EDC, I have met new friends. My bonds with current friends grew with the mutual enjoyment of the music, and I'm sure that's what happened with everyone else. When you're at EDC, you get to see the decorations and themed stages Insomniac puts together. It's amazing to just look at, making it worth every penny. The memories you make are unforgettable. Whether it's with the person you love or with the people you went with or even the people you meet when going solo."

Whether a person has attended EDC once or is an experienced concert goer, there is always excitement to be reunited under the electric sky.