Top Five Reasons To Go To College Football Games

College football is an experience like no other. If I can't be at the game, I'll be watching it.

74

Not everyone likes football, and that's fine, but for those who do, college football is an experience in and of itself. Maybe you don't understand football, but being at a game and experiencing the whole atmosphere and the life is amazing. Football season is my favorite season of the year. I would gladly stand outside to watch football, even if it was pouring down rain or freezing.

FOOTBALL

media3.giphy.com

Football is the best sport in the world. It's passing and roughness, and that's exciting. But it's also amazing because it offers so much in the way of rules and winning and losing. For more information about why football is great, I recommend the College Football's 150 Anniversary Documentary Series on ESPN. Big fan.

The atmosphere

i.gifer.com

College football, in and of itself, is an experience. It's a big family of people who you both love and hate because even if someone likes one team you like, you might hate another team you like (being a Purdue fan and still liking Notre Dame). There are only a few sports where you all collectively get excited about someone knocking someone else down. It's a sport where even the crowd gets to be rough. There is this general feeling of just pure goodness in the air, even if it's not necessarily a positive situation. That's just football.

The victories

thumbs.gfycat.com

I don't know of any Purdue fan who was at the OSU-Purdue game that wasn't over the moon when we won this game. If you got to jump the fence, you got to experience one of the greatest upsets in a long time. For anyone who isn't a fan, there was absolutely no statistical reason we should have won this game. It was by far one of the greatest football games I have ever been to, and honestly, victories like that bring a whole campus together. Even if they don't know anything about football, a great victory brings about unity across campus. But it's a whole heck of a lot more fun if you are at the game.

The friends

www.reviewjournal.com

Only in college football can you dress up in onesies or all wear stripy overalls. By making friends at the game, you have a huge group of people to spend all of the Saturdays with. It gives you people to tailgate with, people to sit with, people to take pictures with, and people to be making super awkward faces with when they decide to take a picture of you.

The losses

thumbs.gfycat.com

Honestly, it sounds so bad to say one of the most exciting parts of football is losing, but you get this sense of comraderie because every one is just so upset that you lost. It becomes this overwhelming sense of happiness, but not because you lost, but because you yourself are part of something much larger. Also, losing is great motivation to either win the next week or talk about how if you don't win out you are not going to make it to a bowl.

From Your Site Articles