The Only 3 Reasons You Need To Know Why You Should Be Digital Note-Taking In 2020

Why moving from your traditional pen and paper, to pen stylus and tablet, are the right moves to make.

20

How many notebooks have you used throughout your entire school year or your semester... or even just for one class? The answer is countless composition books, notebooks etc.

Sometimes, we run that journal cover to cover, but other times, there are still blank pages remaining that never get used. With digital note-taking, this dilemma stops.

1. Saving more money

Every semester you buy countless journals, notebooks, loose leaf paper etc. And honestly, most of it ends up laying in a desk somewhere or in a box full of other papers and notebooks. Now, although, tablets such as iPads, Lenova or Microsoft Surface Pro are pricey, this is an investment worth taking. If you have many more years to go in school, buying a tablet may be more beneficial to you.

Once you purchase your tablet, you never have to worry about running out of notebooks or paper. All that I recommend you add to your tablet is some form of a paper feel screen protector. This aides in glare reduction, less friction and gives you that paper like touch.

2. Awesome student apps

Apps that I have on my tablet include Notability, Microsoft Suites, Google Calendar and Google Office. All of these apps help me stay on top of my school work and personal life, too. Notability is the perfect note taking app to have on your tablet.

This app works perfectly with the apple pen and allows lecture recording, file imputing, highlighting etc. These apps are just my personal favorite. Once you have your own tablet, you will find the apps that work best for you. That is the amazing aspect about using a tablet for note note taking.

3. Easy travel and portability

With having all your notes and textbooks on one device, your backpack load will be much lighter. There will be no need to carry four notebooks, folders or a pencil pouch because your tablet device will have it all. All you need is your pen stylus and charger, and you are ready to go.

Plus, depending on what case you use, your tablet is light compared to having a full-size laptop or textbook. With the tablet, you can do schoolwork anywhere and at anytime. Personally, I use a heavy duty, shockproof protective case with a hand strap. The hand strap is a nice spec to have on your iPad case because this allows you to hold the iPad, similar to the way you would hold your notebook.