Cookie dough; the college student's binge-eat when you don't really care about your health. We can all agree that our parents told us not to eat cookie dough, but once we're out of the house, that rule doesn't apply.
Here are 7 reason why cookie dough is the ultimate choice.
1. No baking needed. Just buy, open, and go
When baking cookies, you have to preheat the oven, shape the cookie dough, and wait for them to bake. For cookie dough, you only have to open the package and grab a spoon.
2. The gritty texture everyone has a love-hate relationship with
Some of us hate foods with weird textures, and some of us love it. Either way, we all can't get enough of the gritty, gooeyness that is cookie dough.
3. It tastes better
Let's be honest, it definitely tastes better.
4. There's recipes for eggless cookie dough
No possibility of salmonella and you actually have to follow a recipe, but eggless cookie dough can still be a sweet alternative to the real stuff.
5. Cookies tend to get stale fast. Refrigerated dough? Nope
Cookies get dry and hard after a few days. Cookie dough can be opened in the refrigerator and still be good for quite some time.
6. You can shape it and warm it up in your hands, then lick away all the mess
Cookie dough is basically edible play dough that (obviously) tastes a lot better.
7. We all like living our lives on the edge
Eating cookie dough can be a risk because of the egg, but that doesn't stop anybody. Neither does our parents tell us not to eat cookie dough as a child.