7 Reasons You Started Binge-Eating Cookie Dough In College, #NoRegrets

Once we're out of the house, the rules don't apply.

331
cogdog / Flickr

Cookie dough; the college student's binge-eat when you don't really care about your health. We can all agree that our parents told us not to eat cookie dough, but once we're out of the house, that rule doesn't apply.

Here are 7 reason why cookie dough is the ultimate choice.

1. No baking needed. Just buy, open, and go

When baking cookies, you have to preheat the oven, shape the cookie dough, and wait for them to bake. For cookie dough, you only have to open the package and grab a spoon.

2. The gritty texture everyone has a love-hate relationship with

Some of us hate foods with weird textures, and some of us love it. Either way, we all can't get enough of the gritty, gooeyness that is cookie dough.

3. It tastes better

Let's be honest, it definitely tastes better.

4. There's recipes for eggless cookie dough

No possibility of salmonella and you actually have to follow a recipe, but eggless cookie dough can still be a sweet alternative to the real stuff.

5. Cookies tend to get stale fast. Refrigerated dough? Nope

Cookies get dry and hard after a few days. Cookie dough can be opened in the refrigerator and still be good for quite some time.

6. You can shape it and warm it up in your hands, then lick away all the mess

Cookie dough is basically edible play dough that (obviously) tastes a lot better.

7. We all like living our lives on the edge

Eating cookie dough can be a risk because of the egg, but that doesn't stop anybody. Neither does our parents tell us not to eat cookie dough as a child.